Starting tomorrow!

Discussion in 'General' started by christinam, Aug 28, 2011.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I'm all excited. Preschool starts for my DD tomorrow!! I have everything pretty much ready for the week. I cut out all the crafts, printed coloring pages, have everything I need ready. My DS goes to a school this year (still deciding on homeschooling everyone) so I'm going to get up early and get things set up. DD and I will start once I get back from dropping him off. She has seen me take pictures of DS the last couple years so we'll do the same for her. I also told her I would buy her some type of backback for when we go to the library or do other preschool type things away from home. She only wants a backpack because her brother has one. Tomorrow is going to be a lot of fun. I think I am more excited than her!! :)

2. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I hope today is going well for you.

3. christinam

I had an hour and a half planned. That included a break to play. She blew through everything in forty minutes. I ended up doing half my lesson plan for tomorrow too. Lol

4. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I never plan on more than an hour because we run out of things in our curriculum. We usually end up doing more than a days worth of work also. It's fun, isn't it?!

We started everyone today. I did do a few days in August to try the twins out, but today we will start daily. Have a great week!

5. christinam

I was going to wait until tomorrow to start phonics but went ahead and did the first lesson today. I'm going to repeat it tomorrow since she can only correctly identify the letter half the time.

6. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

One of the blessings of homeschooling is that you can accomplish so much more in so much less time, giving the kids more time to be kids. Sounds like it was a fun first day!

7. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

I'm so glad everything went well! Don't stress too much about getting done quickly. Just remember that in a traditional classroom the teacher has 20+ students to try and get on the same page. It goes much quicker when you just have one or two or even 5 kids. ;)