Speaking of growth spurts

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Trishandthegirls, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

My girls seem to have completely skipped the 4T stage of winter clothes. Last year they were in 3T, and a few things got a bit short by the end of the winter, but that was ok because by then it was spring and pants could be capris. I assumed they'd be in 4T this winter (and bought an entire wardrobe based on that). But now that it's time for long pants and shirts, I'm finding that most of the sleeves are too short, and half the pants are too short too.

I think I need to measure my kids and see just how big this latest growth spurt was!

Did anyone else have a kid completely skip a size?

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Well, last winter A&R were in 3T with hoodies and sweaters in 4T and I'm buying them 5/5T/XS for this winter now. We did get two winters out of 3T though, so maybe that's part of our issue.

3. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Yes, Aaron skipped size 6. i am not sure if it was because of a large spurt of because it was during the first 18 months of me being a twin mom....either way, I measured him this year and he is a full 7.

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Ana did! She was in 3t last year, and now she is now in size 5 pants and I buy bigger shirts so I just got her some size 6 (just have to roll up the sleeves). I think its because over the summer the 3s and 4s in dresses and bike shorts and more forgiving than long pants. Meara on the other hand is fully a size 4, but I refuse to separate their shirts so she is wearing the 6s too with sleeves rolled up too.

5. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

Yes, DD went from a 3T to a 5 and then 6 within a 2 period. It made me scared to buy their clothes too far ahead like I had been doing. Even the shoes I had for her fit for about 4-weeks. DH wanted me to keep in her the tight clothes, but I said she looked like a stuffed sausage and I didn't care about the $ I wanted her to be comfortable.

DS went from a 3T to a 5, but they are loose since he has no butt :FIFblush: .

6. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Us too !! They were in size 5 for most of last year and at the very end of the school year I bought some size 6's to hold them over until summer. When school started .. the 6's ended up being too short. So I had to go get some 7's. But the waist are SO big on them (even with the adjustable waist bands. If I can find a slim fit .. then I get those.

7. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

My older two boys skipped 4T, 24 months, newborn, and I only have a few 2T things. I ended up needing to buy new stuff for the twins because I didn't have it to pass down. The twins are wearing their clothing out because they've been in it so long. They are only in a size 9 shoe!

8. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Totally. Ivy is my string bean, and she keeps growing (in height) so fast. Now that we're back to warmer clothes, she's gone straight from 4T to girls' S or even M! :eek: