sound familiar to anyone else?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by efaith, Jul 7, 2012.

1. efaith

efaith Well-Known Member

there are probably a million threads that would answer my questions but I'll start a new one anyway! This is totally doing my head in. I am 34 weeks now and for the last few days have been getting quite strong and uncomfortable even painful braxton hicks contractions (I assume they are!) I know my babies have moved down in the last few days as I have much greater stomach and lung capacity, but with each contraction the pelvic/ cervical pressure is quite eye-watering. The contractions come every half an hour, each evening I get ones in between as well for a couple of hours and just as I'm on the brink of ringing my midwife they settle down. I am getting to the point where every new twinge or movement has me wondering if this it IT, it's so hard not to obsess!!! With both my previous pregnancies I had no latent or early labour but some kind of silent stage I didn't even feel so by the time I had any contractions I was already fairly well dilated and in established labour which only lasted half an hour with my last child. I am so scared that this will happen again - an unplanned home birth with twins is not highly recommended after all! Is this scenario familiar to anyone else? How long from half hourly contractions to the real thing? (I've read 2 weeks!) Am I being too flippant or needlessly paranoid?

2. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had quick labors with my singletons as well and dialated very quickly. When is the last time you were checked at all to see if there was any change in your cervix? I might pop over just to check in with your midwife. The day I went into labor with my twins I was convinced it was nothing bc the pain wasn't really bad just uncomfortable. After a while I talked myself into going and I was 5 cm when I got there, they were born a couple hours later despite anti-contrax meds. I had had many days/nights where I felt the same as you. I think I would go just to know everything was okay. With history of fast labors, that would def have me going for a check up!
    Good luck! :)

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I would go in to be checked just to be sure. It does sound like pre term labour but it also sounds like regular twin pregnancy stuff for your gestation.