So my sleep deprived first year mommies...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Cassie05, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

whos cooking for Thanksgiving???

NOT ME!!! [​IMG]

Ds doesnt eat all the T day stuff, I dont eat turkey and dh really doesnt care this much since everyone is sick. Ya know what his suggestion was....Mc Donalds [​IMG]

SO what are you all doing for T day this year??

2. Cassie05

whos cooking for Thanksgiving???

NOT ME!!! [​IMG]

Ds doesnt eat all the T day stuff, I dont eat turkey and dh really doesnt care this much since everyone is sick. Ya know what his suggestion was....Mc Donalds [​IMG]

SO what are you all doing for T day this year??

3. Rachel0980

Rachel0980 Well-Known Member

Working. [​IMG] Yep its my thanksgiving to work at the hospital so DH will be taking the kids to his grandmas for dinner.

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

Letting someone else cook for sure!! [​IMG]We are all sick too, STILL!! How are the babies Cassie?

5. Cassie05

quote:
    Originally posted by becky5:
    How are the babies Cassie?

Well the girls are now fondly refered to as Princess Snotnose and Princess Boogers [​IMG] Have yet to come up with a name for ds, he is the most sick out of everyone so far. Dh is running a fever off and on...Amazingly Im still fine for the moment [​IMG]

I seriously dont know what is going on, it seems everyone is just sooo sick [​IMG]
    Tell your family to hurry up and get over it too [​IMG]

6. Cindy123

Cindy123 Well-Known Member

We are going to Grandma's for some real food and super spoiling!!!

7. ames4

ames4 Well-Known Member

I am jealous..I am still trying to figure out how I got stuck cooking dinner for 13 people, and having house guests through SATURDAY!!!! [​IMG] My MIL was suppose to cook dinner, but like usual she gets to "tired" [​IMG]and then I have to do all the cooking, but amazingly enough as soon as dinner has been eaten dishes are done she will be fine until the next meal has to be cooked!! The best part is she is extremley picky and made me do the shopping at 3 different stores!! Like it's soooo easy for me to get to the store with 3 kids under 2. Okay now I feel better I was able to vent!! [​IMG]
    One last vent about MIL she came up to visit the weekend the babies came home from the NICU, she told my husband and I she would do all the cooking and laundry and do whatever was needed but of course, I ended up cooking dinner for them and my BIL's because FIL invited everyone over for dinner and MIL was to tired, she said I was in better shape then her...are you kidding I pushed 2 kids out my hoo hoo and had been on bed rest for 6 months of pregnancy!! [​IMG] Okay I am done thanks for listening

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm not cooking either. [​IMG] We are going to my parent's house. I do have to take rolls though, I chose something very easy. [​IMG]

9. MOM2AAA

MOM2AAA Well-Known Member

Wow! I guess I am a sucker! I am also cooking for a house full of people. My mom has to work so if we left to go to my ILS she would be alone. SO...I said we could have it at my house. Then my generosity continued. My brother is bringing two college friends and they are staying at our house. THEN a friend was mentioning that her DH (a pilot) has to be out of town so she was going to be home with the girls alone. WELL...what could I say-come on over. Really, it should be a good day. I am doing potatoes, stuffing, and turkey. The rest is up to everyone else...
    The real kicker is, we are doing the babies dedication at church this weekend so we will be hosting a luncheon after church too! I am going VERY easy. Frozen Lasagna, frozen pies, bread...very easy!
    Jenny
    Happy Turkey Day!

10. dawnmj

dawnmj Well-Known Member

I am cooking but only for me and dh. We don't have any family close and no one is coming here and we don't want to drive. With dh starting his new job we didn't want to travel anywhere.

So I am doing a small version of Thanksgiving dinner so not as many dishes. Speaking of I guess I should start making the pies.

dawn

11. Safari

Safari Well-Known Member

I'm picking up a prepared dinner from Whole Foods tomorrow AM. It's just me and DH. Family is all on the other coast. I will make my 2 favorites - whipped sweet potatos w/ pecan topping and spiced pumpkin pie. (just because they are 2 of our favorite recipies and we'll have days of leftovers).

Next week, the inlaws are coming for 2 wks. We'll have our own mini Thxgving and Xmas. But I"ll have my MIL to help me cook.

12. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

Actually I am having the whole gang at my home this year again...Did it last year also. All I do is provide the turkey and I make everyone else do the rest! It is so easy!

13. txtwinmom2b

txtwinmom2b Well-Known Member

We're going to my aunt's house and my mom's house. Yeah, we barely have time to cook for ourselves much less T-day dinner! [​IMG]

14. Angela0580

Angela0580 Well-Known Member

We go out to a thanksgiving dinner every year, so no cooking for me. Plus I don't cook anyways lol, Dh is the chef at our house!

15. Mary T

Mary T Well-Known Member

It is just my MIL, DH, 2 year old, twins and me. So we are having the local grocery store cook for us. Easy!! My MIL would cook but is recovering from knee surgery last week. I could cook but chose to have a day of rest! Wahoo!

Mary
    Lindsey 2-18-04
    Grant & Kelsey 9-18-06

16. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I'm cooking dinner for 11 people..... [​IMG] I've cooked Thanksgiving dinner by myself since I was 13, I started helping my Mom when I was 10. I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner, it's the high point of the Holidays for me.

17. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

My SIL is doing most of the cooking -- DH and I are bringing sugar snap peas. We got off easy! We keep having to remember that this "we have twins" excuse is probably not going to work next year. [​IMG] I am amazed at how much cooking (and other stuff) many of you ladies too -- we are wimps! [​IMG]

18. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

I'm cooking for 11, too. We switch off. Even years are w/ my family, odd years are w/ DH's family. But then we also rotate among the families, for who's hosting it. So we really only have to do it every 4+ years, usually. Last year I was on bedrest and couldn't go anywhere, so we didn't go to DH's family. Instead, we invited my folks and DH cooked it all! This year is actually our turn. But people coming help w/ various side dishes. And my girlfriend offered out of the blue to bring over her fabulous homemade rolls. So all I have to do is turkey, and stuffing. DH is making pies tonight (he makes amazing pies). Not too hard. Harder was (and still working on it) getting the house in shape for all the visitors.

19. cwinslow7

cwinslow7 Well-Known Member

I'm cooking too. We're only having 9 this year. MIL said she would do it but the last time she did (which happens to be the first year DH and I were dating) she put the turkey in two hours before scheduled eat time and ended up finishing it (and almost everything else) in the microwave. I would not tell her cause it would hurt her feelings, but it was the WORST T-day dinner I've ever had. Now I cook for all the holiday feasts as his grandmother is in her mid 80s and he is an only child. My family is all spread out...Indiana, Texas and Oklahoma.
    I am looking forward to making Christmas dinner- looks like about 22, including my parents. I haven't celebrated Christmas with my parents in 13 years (since I moved to FL)

20. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Cooked for me, DH, sis and mom -- WE HAD FIRED TURKEY!!!! It was awesome!

Cassie - What did you order from Micky Ds???? I always get chicken nuggets!

21. Cassie05

quote:
    Originally posted by JDMummy:
    Cooked for me, DH, sis and mom -- WE HAD FIRED TURKEY!!!! It was awesome!

Cassie - What did you order from Micky Ds???? I always get chicken nuggets!

I didnt get anything [​IMG] The MIL did dinner at 4 (which is later than usual) so stupid dh decides he wants to go over there and bring home mc Ds for me. He kept saying he would leave at 5-530 so i could eat too, well I get a call at 630 and hes just leaving [​IMG] By that time it was too late to eat for me. So ds and I had english muffins for our t day dinner. Boy that was not fun.