Single, full-time working moms...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by IcelandGA, Nov 20, 2010.

1. IcelandGA

IcelandGA Active Member

From time to time i've seen posts from single moms of twins. Might be one myself soon and need some tips and advice on how to navigate these new waters! Family support is nearby and have them in wonderful daycare but...help? Thanks. :)

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I am a single mom, have been since the twins were 10 weeks old and my oldest just over 2. I am not currently working, still on Mat leave, but have decided to go on social assistance for now. I dont know what insight I can give you for working, but if you need to talk or have other questions in general I am willing to listen/answer as best as I can.

3. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I've had the girls on my own for all but 5 months of their life and I'm not sure id even count that. Its nice that you have a support system close by and a good daycare. Them being secure during the day is a great help thru the day. with out more specific questions though i dont know what you need to know...

4. IcelandGA

IcelandGA Active Member

I don't think even I know all the questions I have. Possibility of a divorce is the reason for potentially becoming a single mom of twins soon. Although, i've managed as what I would believe it would be like to be a single mom for 90% of the pregnancy and time since they were born (they are almost 20 months now). It's a bit terrifying but for the best of my children, it could be the option. I don't want to pry in a person's life...I guess I want to hear stories - good and bad - about how this new life might look. I know I can do what I need to do, but it's unchartered territory for me. Feeling a bit scared and overwhelmed. This is not news for moms of multiples but with one child, I would not feel nearly as scared but with two, well it changes everything.

5. pinkpoonani

pinkpoonani Active Member

I have been a single mom from the start, my boys just turned 2... And they are still alive, so no worries! It is hard, not just the day to day but feeling like it's ALL on your shoulders all the time. Utilize your support system when u need to and don't feel guilty about it. It is important to keep yourself from feeling overwhelmed by letting others help you. You will be a much better mom if you aren't feeling so stresed, and your friends and family really DO enjoy lending a hand.