should i sell my play kitchen?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ilovemykids, Dec 17, 2013.

1. ilovemykids

ilovemykids Well-Known Member

my twins loved the kitchen - played with it for hours.  my LO who will be 2 in february - really shows no interest except to hide her things in cabinets.  its more of a storage for all the other toys.

i put it on CL and someone offered 150.
    thoughts?  should i sell it or hold out?

2. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I'd hold out. I really regret getting rid of our play kitchen when we did. They got it when they were 2 and we got rid of around 4. And then they started asking for it. When their cousin got one a little later, they loved playing on hers. 

3. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

I would wait.  It sounds like typical play for this age.  She may grow into it over this next year.  You might play with her and the play kitchen.  Ask her to make you lunch or tea etc.  Maybe some new accessories for Christmas?

4. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I would also hold out: It sounds like she is using it as many toddlers would. Full role play often develops later.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'd hold out.  My kids have played with their play kitchen on and off over the years.  At 6, they still play with it.  My best friend advised me years ago to get one, because her older boys played with their play kitchen until they were about 8 or 9.  Another friend of mine had gotten rid of her twins play kitchen and she regretted it because they started asking for one and it's one of the things they are getting for Christmas this year (they are 5).

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would also hold out, my twins (who are nearly 5) and my older daughter (7) love to play kitchen/cook with our set.  Even my 11 yr old gets in on it sometimes, making menu's for the kids and such ;)