Should I call the ped

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by reeba1976, Nov 9, 2007.

  1. reeba1976

    reeba1976 Well-Known Member

    My DS has a fever (Last night registered at 102.1 and this morning 101.6)

    He is teething (but has never run a fever with teething before).

    He has a small cough (nothing to be alarmed with)

    He also has a small knot behind his right ear (I am thinking that this could be clogged sinus??) This showed up this morning. Was not there last night.

    He is eating just fine taking fluids and food. He is having normal diapers. he is sleeping just fine. Last night he was a little sluggish and wanted to be loved a lot. This morning, he was up to his same old tricks.

    Should I call the pediatrician? Neither of my guys have had a fever before so I am not quite sure what to do here. Confused!!!???
  2. Ericka B

    Ericka B Well-Known Member

    I would give them a little tylenol and see how quick it brings their fever down. Then I would call the Ped anyway about the bump behind his ear and just let them decide what you should do. I hate calling the doctor for everything because they usually want you to bring them in but I think a fever of over 100 or 101 is not from teething. You'll feel better if you call. Hope the little one feel better soon.
  3. angie7

    angie7 Well-Known Member

    I wouldnt call the doctor or do anything for the fever. Fever is the natural way your body fights infection. So unless it reaches over 103.5 (even then I would hesitate), I wouldnt worry about it. Its great that he is still eating, but you definately want to increase fluids. Water and juice offered several times a day.
  4. Cathmar

    Cathmar Well-Known Member

    I would call and bring up the bump behind his ear, then mention a low-grade fever. I don't think you're being overprotective. Bumps that weren't there before are a legitimate reason to call your ped. He/she will probably just tell you to do the watchful waiting. Hope your baby feels better soon!
  5. ****mws****

    ****mws**** Banned

    i would call because it could be an ear infection.. and simply because its friday.. who wants to waite 2 more days to bring him in.. or worse.. the er.. its worth the check..
  6. becky5

    becky5 Guest

    Sounds like a swollen gland. I would call, it's Friday, and a long weekend for some. :hug99:
  7. 4lilmonkeys

    4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

    I agree, it's Friday. Probably a good idea to go ahead and call, just in case. You'd hate to have to go to the ER or Urgent Care if it did get worse.
Similar Threads Forum Date
Should I call an exorcist? Childhood and Beyond (4+) Jul 12, 2017
Should I call the O.B. Pregnancy Help Nov 4, 2009
losing mucus plug, should I call DR? Pregnancy Help Jul 20, 2009
Should I call the doctor? Pregnancy Help Apr 27, 2008
Is this normal? Or should I call the dr? Pregnancy Help Jan 15, 2008

Share This Page