She's not a twin but I still need help please

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by momof5, Aug 5, 2012.

1. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

Emma is Baby #5. You would think I would know better but I brought her to bed with me our first night home from the hospital and she hasn't left! She is 7 months old. I sleep with her in bed during the night, she naps in my arms during the day, which isn't much. When I am home at night DH sleeps on the couch, which he doesn't mind, and then when I am at work (night shift) he sleeps in bed with her. We have got to get her in her bed! I had to stop nursing a month ago and we can't afford a crib yet but we did get a very nice brand new Pack n Play as a gift for her so she DOES have her own nice new bed. I don't know how I feel about crying it out. She still gets up once during the night for a bottle! She is on formula and stage 2 baby food during the day. She is a great baby besides her sleeping....she never cries and is hitting all of her milestones. Any suggestions? Her Pack n Play is in our room, by the way. Thank you!!

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So, why do you need her in her own bed? It sounds like you have a system that's working well.

3. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

If you really do want to get her into her own bed (particularly if it is negatively effecting your sleep), I'd start with nap time. It's easier to deal with the fussiness or any negative impacts when you aren't trying to sleep yourself. Once she gets used to the PNP for nap time, it won't be as unfamiliar for bed time. It probably still won't make it an easy transition but it should make it easier.

4. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

Try reading the No Cry Sleep Solution. I was in the same position with my older daughter and found it very helpful. I couldn't do CIO and I stumbled on this book and it helped. I used bits and pieces of it and after a few weeks it worked. It's not fast, but it's effective and no crying. I agree also to start with naptime.

5. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I have no problem using CIO as long as the kid isn't vomiting and climbing out of the bed. My DS was 9mos when we did CIO and it took two nights and he slept great after that. We're a cold turkey type of family so I would just put her down in her pnp play starting tonight.