She cut her hair.

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by ljcrochet, Jan 16, 2015.

1. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My girls will be 10 in May. Last night dd2 went up stairs to take a shower. She claims that she was cutting her nails with a nail scissor and accidentally cut her hair. But the she tried to fix it. Now in the center of her head she has about an inch square if hair that is less than an inch in length.

I know it is hair and it will grow back. But no clue how to make her hair not look weird till that section gets longer.

This morning she did a wide headband. But I could still see the short hair sticking out in front of the headband.

2. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh man!!! :(  I'm sorry...both of my girls have done this as well.

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Ug.  You think as they get older they wouldn't do these things, but then you remember they are still kids who don't always think through their decisions (accident or not).  I guess this is a good lesson in natural consequences... she'll just have to deal with it until it grows out- hats, head bands, creative hair styles.  Your girls look they have a lot of hair so it will probably grow quickly. :hug:

4. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Oh wow, at that age, it's scary. DD did it at 5.

5. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

There's nothing that can be done, just time and headbands and barrettes.  She can always tell people that she had gum in her hair if she needs a story to tell as to why she did it. 

6. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh man.. it's too bad it's in an awkward spot, but I agree, natural consequences! In a month or two, you don't even notice. Kids man, always doing something.

7. ljcrochet

I might be a mean mommy and make her spend her own money for more headbands.

8. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

1 person likes this.
  9. ljcrochet

Kendra I will have to try that on her hair when it grows in a little bit more.  It is really short in the front right now.