sensitive subject - circumcision

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by sitkamom, Jan 17, 2007.

1. idtwinstx

idtwinstx Well-Known Member

Both my boys are. It wasn't a question for us.

2. Angelaandtwins

Angelaandtwins Well-Known Member

Not these boys...

Angela

3. axpan

axpan Well-Known Member

That's so strange that we're expecting a boy and the topic never crossed our mind. Noone I have every known in Europe has been circumsized except if it was for religious reasons. Rarely I have heard of men who need to have some minor surgery due to tightness of foreskin but not that often. It's cultrual and aesthetic so I guess whatever someone feels comfortable with for his children are fine. Please though avoid anecdotal evidence that would suggest all uncirucmsized men are dirty, not well functioning sexually and prone to frequent infections. You're talking about more than half of the world.

4. mommyto8

mommyto8 Well-Known Member

I am one of those people that see both sides and don't really have an opinion either way. If these are boys they will be circ'd.. my other 2 are and dh's is.. It is for sure a religious thing for us.

5. 2B2G

2B2G Well-Known Member

I'm having girls this time so it's not an issue. But we did not circ our boys even though DH is. We didn't see enough medical benefit to doing it. My older son asked one time why Dad is and he's not. I told him that when Dad was a baby they thought it was a good idea to cut off the foreskin (DS went pale) but when he was born they weren't so sure so we decided not too. He just nodded his head and said that was a good decision. Case closed. LOL

6. eviedc

eviedc Well-Known Member

We are having b/b and we are NOT!

evie

7. akuaba

akuaba Well-Known Member

I am having a boy and a girl. I just assumed that we were going to have the little boy circumcised. But, my DH doesn't really want him to be. He is American and is circumcised but he doesn't think it's necessary. I don't think we will as after doing some research we both now agree that it's an extra surgery and we feel there is no need for it. But, it's SUCH a personal decision.
    [​IMG]

8. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

I have girls. But if we had boys I would not have them circumcized. Now it would have been an issue between DH and I as he had to be circumsized as a teenager and so wozn't very pleasant for him. But still I would not want it done. I feel boys should stay the way they are made.

9. JediMom

JediMom Well-Known Member

We circumcised our son :)

10. Jberman

Jberman Well-Known Member

I do not have sons but if I did, they would be. Religous reasons (I am Jewish)

11. mylove-toyou

mylove-toyou Well-Known Member

both our boys are--- god, I felt sooo horrible hearing them cry!

12. 3greysandamutt

3greysandamutt Well-Known Member

We are not of a religion that calls for this procedure to be done, so we could find no reason to have our boys circ'd (after doing research and talking to our ped. and OB).

QUOTE(stbmo4 @ Jan 18 2007, 09:00 AM) [snapback]118805[/snapback]
    I kind let my husband have the final say since he is the only one of us a penis [​IMG]<!--graemlin::)-->!<BR><BR>Just a thought...(if you're married)do you want your son to "look like his father"? I ended up going along with hubby b/c he is circumcised, and I didn't want our son to look too much different than daddy!<BR><BR>Jennifer

Not being argumentative, but I don't understand this train of thought... no child is going to look exactly like their parent... whether they are comparing noses, ears, toes, or penises... Like I said, not trying to start a fight, but I just don't get the "want sons to look like daddy" or "let daddy decide because he has a penis" logic. (For us, that was never a factor when discussing whether or not we would circ.) Heck, my TWINS' genitalia looks totally different from each other... :blush: so I wouldn't even try to compare them with their father or any other relative, at this age or when they get older...

13. jasonsmommy

jasonsmommy Well-Known Member

Are three are NOT.

14. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

my son is...DH wanted him to be and I was totally ok with that (if the decision was left up to me I would have had it done also)...

as for the "looking like daddy logic" since daddy will most likely have the biggest hand in teaching him to clean it and potty train (and since DH is circ'ed) then I think it makes alot of sense...

15. tiggrrl72077

tiggrrl72077 Well-Known Member

OUr DS is. We are having B/G twins the boy will be as well.

16. belinda07

belinda07 Well-Known Member

My DS is not. It's not common here anymore, even though DH is. I am seriously doubtful that DH will be the one teaching DS to wash, so him looking like his Dad is a non-issue. lol. DH wanted it done. I said NO. lol.

17. anippy

anippy Well-Known Member

My son is and our twins boys will be.

18. clb8899

clb8899 Well-Known Member

We never even considered not getting him circumscized. I think it's more prevalent in the Midwest than in other areas of the country.

19. zerenita

zerenita Active Member

I'm having b/g twins and I left it up to my husband to decide. I don't care one way or the other. There are good arguments for doing it, good ones for against, and that it's left me on the fence. I have 2 nephews that are and 4 that aren't and it was simply a monetary issue. Two of my sisters opted for home births for 2 pregnancies each to avoid hospital expenses and just never got around to having them circ'd or didn't feel it was necessary.

Hubby hasn't said one way or the other as of yet.

20. Mellizos

Mellizos Well-Known Member

We never even considered not getting him circumscized. I think it's more prevalent in the Midwest than in other areas of the country.

My guys were born in Omaha and are NOT circumcised. We had already decided against it (despite living in Ecuador we are Americans from NE and WI), so it was actually kind of funny that neither my OB nor the ped would perform the surgery. Both are opposed to routine circumcision for non-religious or medical reason. If we had wanted it done, it would have meant finding a doctor to do it, getting time on his schedule before we departed back to Mexico where we were living at the time, and taking our tiny guys out into NE weather in Nov or Dec during that horrible flu epidemic when several children in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area died of flu. No wonder our boys are still intact!

21. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

For me having my boys circ'd wasnt even a consideration. I dont feel its needed. If it wasnt supposed to be there .. it wouldnt be. Medical or religious reasons I can see where it would be a consideration. Other than that .. I feel its pointless.
    As far as looking like daddy .. if my sons were born with blonde hair, I wouldnt die it brown so to look like dad .. kwim ?