Second year molars

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Rollergiraffe, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My kids are not quite 18 months yet and they have all their teeth except for their second year molars. The last few days though Miles has been doing the crabby, drooly hand chewing and I swear he's teething again. Is it possible that they're getting their 2nd year molars already? I googled and most sites say after 24 months.

If we are done teething before they're 2, I am going to be :woohoo: :thanks: :banana: :drinks: :yahoo: :Clap: And I will probably buy them each a car. I hate teething.

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It's very possible. I think my son got his first one before he turned two but after 18 months and he was done with all four of them by 2.5 and my DD was finished with the second year molars by 2 yrs 8 months. It took a long time for those teeth to come in for my kids though.
    I am with you, I am no fan of teething and I practically ran through my neighborhood with shouts of joy when those last molars popped through on DD!

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It's totally possible, both of mine had full sets of teeth (minus the 2 yr molars) by 15 months. We've seen signs of teething off and on since then but so far, no molars yet. My oldest dd was a very late teether (first tooth not until 9 months), and she didn't cut her 2 yr molars until she was almost 3! :faint: I don't want to wait that long again! :lol:

4. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

My kids have been showing signs of teething (all they have is the 2nd year molars to go), but no molars poking through yet. I am hoping this explains the nightwaking we've been dealing with. We'll see. I hope they get them sooner than later!

5. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

I've been hoping its possible for them to come early too. DS had all 16 other teeth by the time he was 1 and he's been chewy and drooly too.

6. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Jen - if your kids finish teething before my kids, we're friends off! :p

well, maybe not friends off, but we're gonna have to go out for a beer to commiserate celebrate. :drinks:

7. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

My oldest got his molars in the month before he turned 2. Oh and smart me, I just figured out, he is getting his 6 year molars a month before he turns 6 and so I now have 3 teething children. :crazy:

They can come in at any time.

8. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Nate is cutting his final set and I'm not sure if there is enough wine in the world to get me through this. Every set of teeth has been worse than the last, and he is acting a complete fool! I thought teenage girls were overly dramatic, but they have nothing on teething toddlers! :gah:

1 person likes this.
  9. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

My girls got all of their teeth months before they were "supposed" to. That is probably the reason that Sarah has lost two teeth two months before she turns 5.

10. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I just want to say that, Rylee has turned into the "drool machine" again the last few days, she was a drooling fool when she was cutting all her other teeth, so I'm fairly certain she's trying to get those 2 yr molars in. She got her first tooth when she was 4.5 months old, she's my earliest teether. Not to mention the fact that she's jamming everything and anything into her mouth all day long!