Second set of Twins

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by carmarliv, Feb 10, 2013.

1. carmarliv

carmarliv Member

Hello its been a long time since I have been on this forum. My name is Carla and I will be 17 wks pregnant on Tuesday with my second set of twins. I am due July 23, 2013 boy/girl twins. My first set of twins are girls and they are 4.5 year of age. Just wanted to see if there was any in a similar situation as I am. My husband and I are excited but I am also feeling very scared, overwhelmed, anxious, sometimes depressed, nervous about having another set of twins. My first set was so hard at the beginning that I am just so scared this time around. I am working 3 days a week 12 hour shifts so full time and I am not sure I will be able to cut back after my maternity leave . I have lots of help and support from my parents and husband and they seem to just be estatic about it all but there are just days where I feel in total denial about what is happening. I just dont feel ask excited as I did with my first set of twins and I am just not sure if its because I am so busy being a mom already. I just found out that I am having boy/girl twins and I just have no idea where to start with nursery ideas, names etc. Just needed someone to talk to in my similar situation just to get some advice. I feel like even though I have been a mom of twins I have forgotten so many things in the early newborn phase like what I need to buy or what was needed for twins.

Sorry to ramble on just very anxious. Thank you for thoses that can help me. I will be grateful for any support, suggestions etc.

Thank you,
    Carla

2. ward

ward Well-Known Member

Well first of all Congratulations!!! I am sorry that you are having to sort through all these emotions at once and I truly wish that i could give you some advise but the pregnancy i had after my twins was just a singleton. But i can definately say that i know how you are feeling in regards to depression etc. it will get better (at least it did for me) later on in the pregnancy. My twin girls were only 8 months old when we ended up getting pregnant again. I am not sure how i would have felt had it been a second set of twins. Hugs!!!

3. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Carla,

There are a few families here with multiple sets of multiples who will be able to chime in. I can definitely identify with the fear of having another set of multiples though! Although you'll be able to handle it in the end, I think the shock and denial are totally normal. You have lots of time to think about nursery stuff etc, in the meantime I'd just try and deal with your feelings about this pregnancy and come to terms with everything. It might help to think through all of your support and logistics right now so you feel a little bit better about what life is going to be like when they arrive.

Hope your pregnancy is smooth sailing, and please come any time to vent or let us know how you're doing!

4. carmarliv

carmarliv Member

Thank you so much for all your kind reassuring words.

5. chicagomama

chicagomama Well-Known Member

I almost passed this post b/c I thought it was the one I had posted originally (see a new set of twins), but yes, I am pregnant with my 2nd set, about 15 weeks and due 8/4. It is very surreal and I completely relate to all those feelings you said. I really thought when I found out I was pregnant again that one baby would be so easy in comparison. My boys (age 3 now) have really kept me busy. I actually am so mixed about it I am not going to find out the gender. I don't want to know and I know I will love these babies dearly once they arrive, but somehow I need to keep reality at a distance a while longer. Please keep sharing your updates in the process, emotional, milestone etc. it is really nice to know someone out there is going through a similar process!

6. Naomiihara

Naomiihara New Member

We're in the same boat. I'm 13 weeks pregnant with my second set of twins. My first set were b/g and the will be 4 sept 30th. I always knew there was a possibility of having another set, I just never thought it would actually happen. When we found out, we felt exactly the same way. Not very excited. I think it's funny how people say "at least you know what to expect". That's the problem. We know what to expect! We know how hard it's going to be. After having a few weeks to let it all settle in, we realized that there are lots of upsides to having twins. Mainly, the friendship between them. Having a set that are older, I'm sure you are they are such good friends:) you new ones will be the same as well. I actually like having b/g twins. I love their dynamic, and their is do much less competition. Can't wait to read updates! Congratulations!!