Rude comment on blog

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by spiveyplustwins, Dec 2, 2008.

1. spiveyplustwins

spiveyplustwins Well-Known Member

I have a blog and i love it! However, every now and then I get some off the wall comments! Some are annoying and some just make me angry!

A good bit of people read my blog, and I was left a comment on a recent post about my babies crying. It was rude and inappropriate!

Before I address it to a certain person (Who might be the person) I wanted to rule out other possibilities.

I have my blog link on TwinStuff, and wanted to know if anyone here left that comment?

I sure hope not - but please let me know if you did!

2. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Wow ~ I hope it is not someone from here!
    Regardless of that, I am sorry someone did that :hug:

3. kellytwinmom

kellytwinmom Well-Known Member

Um, I don't think someone is going to respond with "hey, that was me!"

(by the way, it was not me. I have not read your blog).

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Wow, I just read it. :( That was horrible!! It makes me sad how some people can be so hateful. I'm so sorry that happened to you. :hug:

On a side note, you have a beautiful family. :wub:

5. mrsriney00

mrsriney00 Well-Known Member

I have a blog as well and I hate it when someone leaves a nasty comment, and its even worse when they do it anonymously. If you don't want to run into it again try changing your settings to no anonymous comments (if you haven't already). That nipped them all in the bud for me.

Some people have a had time remembering that what you post on your blog is just a sliver of your everyday life. And that they are not walking in your shoes so they can't really know what you are going through.

But then you have all of the really nice people and it makes it all worth it. :)

6. kellytwinmom

kellytwinmom Well-Known Member

Whoa. I went back and read the comment and being a Christian myself I think it would be someone you are close to whom you may have done or said something to do to make them upset.

7. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

Oh wow mama, I just read it. How awful. I would really, truly hope it was not someone from our community who would say something like that.

8. Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

Your babies are gorgeous! You have a wonderful blog! It is unfortunate that people feel they can say whatever they want and there be no consequence. I am sorry that someone was out and out cruel and inappropriate.

9. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(tamaras @ Dec 2 2008, 08:15 PM) [snapback]1094862[/snapback]
    Wow ~ I hope it is not someone from here!
    Regardless of that, I am sorry someone did that :hug:

Me too on both counts.

I think some people like to purposely upset others sometimes.

ETA:It wasn't me.

10. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

That was so not cool. It sounds like someone is jealous or something. Why else would they say something like that.

11. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry someone took the time to write that.

BTW, your boys are so handsome!

12. spiveyplustwins

thanks for all the nice things you guys have said.

I am really upset about it - my dh had a conversation with someone today that told us that we were not feeding them enough, and he went off on her - so, it could be her. which if it is - they are going to get an ear full from me!!!!

ARGH!!!

On the other hand, that person reads our blog quite often and knows that we are Christians (My husband is a youth minister for goodness sake!!!), and it seems like it is someone who doesn't really know us.

oh well - argh! so frustrating!

13. spiveyplustwins

The same person wrote a horrible comment under the Granma MiMi MOnday post too!!!

ARGH!!!

14. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, what is their issue!!! Sorry you have to deal with that. Oh, and why did someone say your not feeding them enough? Man, people have some nerve sometimes.

15. Anne-J

Anne-J Well-Known Member

Why don't you just delete the comments and change your settings?

I'm sorry this is happening to you, but I don't see any point in continuing to allow this person to post comments which upset you.

16. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

OH my gosh...I hadn't read your blog before posting earlier this evening & just went & looked & I am in shock!! :shok:
    That is just AWFUL.
    I don't know much about blogging, but can you block people from posting or find their IP or something??
    :hug: again!

Oh, and your blog is adorable, well written & the pictures of your LO's are super cute :wub: :wub:

17. Joanna Smolko

Joanna Smolko Well-Known Member

:hug: Oh no, I'm so sorry someone would talk to you like that. I hope it's not someone in this group.

I know people were concerned (and I was, too) when your boys weren't growing, but it looks like they're doing great, packing on the pounds now. :clapping: I'm glad that people encouraged me to feed mine more food/breastfeed them more when they weren't growing fast enough, especially my DS with FTT, but I would have been *absolutely* devastated if anyone talked to me like that. Some people feel like they can be rude on blogs in ways that they would never be to your face. Uggh.

I hesitate to mention this because it doesn't justify in any way, shape or form, the rudeness and plain old meanness of the response AT ALL, but I think another dynamic that may be going on is that people have strong reactions to Babywise/Ezzo stuff/rigid scheduling/etc. I know moms who faced extreme FTT episodes (involving feeding tubes, etc.) & other difficult things resulting from rigidly implementing Babywise stuff because they thought it was the only right way (he presents some of his materials as "God's way") to parent. These women I know (not from here) are active in educating people just because they are concerned, but they are kind and compassionate about it, as well. I'm a Christian as well, and it makes me sad the way that you were treated on your blog. I think it's fine to express concerns about a certain method, and I definitely do to my real life friends who want parenting advice, but I do not think AT ALL that it is okay to tear down parents and to be so incredibly ugly. I am so sorry that this happened to you.

You can probably find a way to block that IP address from commenting on your blog. I would erase those comments, and try to do something like that.

BTW, your boys are absolutely adorable. So sweet!!!!

18. fourznuff

fourznuff Well-Known Member

I agree that you should delete the comments and block anonymous comments! If someone has a concern there are much better ways to address them! That was just mean and cowardly. I also agree that your boys are super cute! ;)

19. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

I bet its just some looser with nothing to do but raise *h3ll*.
    Im sure its not to hard to read and figure out that you are christian.

I can not believe that someone has so much time on their hands to think of something so hurtful to say. :hug:

20. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry that someone would post that on your blog! It was mean and certainly not very Christian not to mention cowardly. Can't you delete the comments though? I would delete them and changing your settings.

I agree with the pp - I think the way that entry was worded made it sound like he was crying inconsolably for an hour to eat. (7-8) Of course no 7 month old is going to wait patiently for an hour when they are hungry. I think it must have been a misunderstanding. Still, no excuse for the comment.

BTW - your boys are super cute!!

21. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

I do hope it wasn't anyone here. I haven't figured out why people do things like this. So people really have no lives. *hugs* to you.

Dianna

22. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Just ckd it out for the first time. Very nice blog.

I thought it was a very rude, ignorant comment but wanted to let you know that I have a YouTube page and people leave idiotic things like that on a regular basis for me. I hate it but I just delete them and realize that it's public property and people are stupid sometimes.

People have told me that I'm abusing my dogs ETC and that I'm "stupid" and my kids are "stupid."

It's horrible and I hate it but it's my own fault for having a public site. Try not to worry about it. Anyone who says things like that isn't very smart!

23. Andi German

Andi German Well-Known Member

Your family is beautiful!

I can only imagine the sadness and bitterness in the heart of the person who wrote that. Sounds totally jealous to me. A complete coward who probably hates themself more than you do. Ignore/delete it and get on with your beautiful life!

24. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I checked out your blog and that comment was totally uncalled for. It sounds like some coward internet bully to me who was too chicken to even leave their name. I do hope it was no one from here. :grouphug: to you and your family. I don't know much about blogs and how you can cut down on rude comments.

25. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:hug: I am sorry that happened. I do hope there is a way to get rid of the nasty comment and that it wasnt someone from here. I dont know anything about blogs, so I am no help there.

26. tburke75

tburke75 Well-Known Member

I went to your blog and read that comment. What a freak. I guess she/he is the baby expert and has discovered that babies ONLY cry when they are hungry. Hmmm if this were the case I would be feeding mine 24/7! If it is someone you know personally talk about passive aggressive. I have a blog and I think there is a way to set it up so you have to approve comments before they are posted. I haven't done this yet, but now I think I will. Hope you find the culprit!

27. caba

caba Banned

I would just delete the comment and move on. Also, change your settings to not allow anonymous comments. Unfortunately, having a public blog opens you up to trolls. It stinks, but it is what it is.

28. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

There is no need for someone to say that. What do they know about your children or your family who are by the way gorgeous!! x

29. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Sorry about that awful comment that someone wrote! I think some people use the internet (message boards, blogs, etc.) to be rude because of the fact that you can be totally anonymous on it. I would change your settings so you don't have to keep reading the posts that person in leaving you. Sounds like either jealousy or someone who disagrees with your parenting methods and doesn't have the nerve to say anything in person. I'd let it roll right off your back. :hug:

30. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I had to add....

Are you sure they are fraternal?? They look SOOO much alike!! :)

31. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I haven't read your blog, but I would just change your settings and possibly password protect the whole thing. There are some wackadoos on the web and you can never be too careful. :hug:

btw, my brother set up a website for our family and I can use it as a blog. I password protected everything except the main page and will only give out passwords to people I know. It was very easy to do.

32. Rach28

Rach28 Well-Known Member

I´ve just read your blog and I was shocked at the comment left there. I´m very sorry someone did that. :hug:

You have a beautiful family :wub:

33. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Some people have too much time on their hands. I would delete the comment, disable anonymous comments and then decide if you want to make your blog private or not. Unfortunately, when you link your blog on a site with as much traffic as TS, anyone can find it. And, when you update it, Blogger puts it in their update scroll on the front page. Then, there's the whole people you know IRL issue. So, it could have been anyone.

I'm really sorry though, that's so cruddy. :hug:

34. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

Ugh. I hate nasty anon. comments on the blog. And all the nasty comments are always anon. I knoe for me, personally, I do not like deleting comments because I am big on free speech. And moderating the comments (which I had to do for awhile) is a pain.

35. spiveyplustwins

Thank you for all the nice comments! I think I am going to moderate the comments.

Here is my concern. The person posted on another post and asked me "How's the FTT going?" -

The ONLY place I have heard that phrase is here on TS - and the only people that knew that I was concerned about that (apart from my husband and mom) was people here on TS.

Makes me concerned! I really hope that it was nobody in this community!

Irritates me.