Room mom for 1st grade halloween party

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by seamusnicholas, Oct 3, 2012.

1. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I was thinking we can share ideas for Halloween class parties if you are a parent helper. Mainly we will have crafts and games since food is not allowed. I spent some time searching for ideas today and came across a cool site. I thought this pumpkin match game would be cute

2. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Love the pumpkin match game!

How about making some kind of craft. A small craft will be fun, and will take up time (which of course is a good thing), and keep them busy so they don't fizz out on just doing games. I'm sure pinterest has a ton of ideas for cheap crafts that can be done with minimal supplies. If you get an idea soon enough, you can send home a note with kids to have parents donate the supplies you need before Halloween since there is no food. Or you can look in the Oriental trading book and have parents send in like $2 or something to cover the cost of supplies. Oriental trading has a ton of cute crafty things.

3. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Are you on Pinterest? So many AMAZING ideas there! Here are a few I have pinned:

http://cleanandscentsible.blogspot.com/2011/10/halloween-party-ideas.html

http://sometimescreative.blogspot.com/2011/11/halloween-party.html

4. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

I'm glad you posted this! I was going to post asking for ideas for Kindergarten & 2nd grade parties. We are allowed to have food/goodies, the parties are only about 45 minutes long & I want to fit in snack/goody, craft & games and we have basically no budget! I found this website with craft ideas: spiders you could do the spider pops with Halloween pencils or straws. I also like the spider hats! I've also been considering making ghosts by wrapping something white (tissue/cloth) over a tootie roll pop. Again - you could use a pencil or straw with a wadded up tissue for the head.

Here are some game ideas:
    witch, witch, ghost (instead of duck, duck, goose)
    hot potato with a spider/pumpkin, etc
    pin the nose on the witch/spider on the web, etc
    bowling with googly eyes on toilet paper rolls & a pumpkin as the ball

or you could make something like this Witches Hat Ring Toss game