RESCUE ME

Discussion in 'General' started by Mama_Kim, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Just a heads up for my fellow Rescue Me fans! Mark your calendars for the final season!

Looking forward to it but sad it is the final season for Tommy Gavin and company.

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Definitely bittersweet. I'm really looking forward to this season but am sad to the series end.

3. MichelleL

Eight days!! :woo:

MamaKim, I notice you have 7/12 as the premiere but the FX website says it's Weds. the 13th. :good:

Here's the link to the FX website if anyone wants to check out the upcoming season deets.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:thanks: Michelle! Will be setting my DVR :) In case anyone is interested, Dennis Leary wrote an article for the latest issue (w/ Harry Potter on the cover) of Entertainment Weekly called the Dennys
    A preview of the article

5. Mama_Kim

Yes, it is the 13th. Originally they had as the 12th but I can't edit that. :(

I am so darn excited. I think this is going to be an amazing, gutwrenching season! :D

6. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

They had to move it because we're picking up SD at the airport at 9 p.m. on the 12th (we're central time). We don't have a DVR, so they had to reschedule. :p

2 people like this.
  7. Mama_Kim

:woo: Only a couple more days until Tommy Gavin re-enters our lives! The previews look so, so good!

8. MichelleL

Darn it!! I was just coming in here to say only one more hour...but then realized it's tomorrow. :gah: Oh well, only 25 hours!! :woo:

1 person likes this.
  9. kingeomer

What did everyone think?
    I thought it was a good opening episode. Tommy's still as screwed up as ever. I completely forgot that Janet was pregnant but I totally love the fact that her and Sheila have joined forces :laughing:
    I want to :slap: Colleen and tell her to get it together. She's more like dear old Dad then she'd ever care to admit.

10. MichelleL

I can't read anything above because -

I DELETED THE FRICKIN EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!

:fool: :slap: :grr: :angry:

I set the DVR to record all episodes, rather than just the new ones, so I thought I was deleting last season's and deleted the NEW one. Id.I.Ot. They aren't replaying it until after next week's new show and it's not online yet, but I'm going to keep checking.

11. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:laughing: Michelle. That sucks!

I liked it okay. We laughed when Tommy shot up the bar. A bunch of recovering alcoholics working at a bar - great idea. :laughing:

12. Mama_Kim

Oh no. Michelle! Do you have On Demand or is it available to watch online by now?

I thought it was a good setup for the season. Love Sheila and Janet as partners in crime. I imagine they will drive Tommy mad! :lol:

13. Mama_Kim

Funny episode this week. :lol:

Question: do you think Tommy Gavin is going to die this season? :eek: Tommy said something when he was talking to Kelly (Maura Tierney's character) about what his legacy will be. Something about unless "I die in the line of duty then that will be my legacy." It made me wonder if we're being set up for Tommy to die. :cry:

14. AimeeThomp

Before the last season, not this one, I saw Dennis Leary on The View. He told them that he has wanted to kill off his character and come back as a ghost for a long time but the other producers or directors or writers or *someone* wouldn't go for it.

So I wouldn't be surprised if he dies at the end of this season or even somewhere in the middle and comes back as a ghost.

I missed the recap at the beginning of the show and had no clue who Kelly was. I don't remember her at all.

15. Mama_Kim

Yes, I remember that too. I guess that is part of what made me wonder if that is where the story line is going.

16. MichelleL

In the middle of week 2 now. I laughed SO hard when he told Colleen to sit next to Janet to make her feel less like a blimp. :rofl: And then when Shawn fell and the pee went everywhere. :rofl: And then...the bathroom scene when chief walks in on Franco and Lou!! :rofl:

I too wonder how the Janet and Sheila thing will work out. :unsure:

I was also wondering if he's going to die. I know I'll cry. :blush:

I thought it was weird they brought back Kelly out if the blue...she was on for such a short time. Hmmm...

17. kingeomer

I finally caught up with last week's episode. Now you ladies have me wondering about Tommy's fate (insert biting of nails here). I am hoping he doesn't die. With all of this stuff about Kenny's health, I'm also worried for him too.
    Michelle, I was thinking that Kelly was out of the blue too but then I wondered if her part was originally cut short because Maura Tierney was diagnosed with breast cancer in real life and had to drop a couple of acting commitments to focus on her treatment (she was supposed to be Lauren Graham's character on Parenthood originally)...so I wondered if that affected her time on Rescue Me :unsure:
    But out of all the women in Tommy's life...Kelly seems to be the most sane but I don't want Tommy cheating on Janet again.

18. Mama_Kim

I missed last week's episode because I was away. First thing my boys said to me when I got home Sunday night? We forgot to record Rescue Me for you but we remembered to record Project Runway! Argh . . . .must search online for RM. Hmmm, maybe on On Demand?

19. Mama_Kim

Poor Tommy is really cracking up. :eek: That scene between him and Sheila with the letter from Jimmy was pretty powerful. Wonder how it's going to work out with Franco as lieutenant? :lol:

20. AimeeThomp

I cracked up at Sean with the gas mask. :laughing: I think Franco is going to have a hard time and change his mind about wanting a promotion. I wonder if Colleen's wedding is going to be the series finale. I hope not.

21. kingeomer

I was confused...when Tommy was having his episodes, was he drinking? Like the whole sequence with Damian and Sheila. I loved the whole letter thing and the talk the guys had with the Captain about memorials.
    I think Franco is going to find that heavy is the head that wears the crown. I think he will gladly give the job back to Lou.
    I was also glad to see Sheila being realistic about Damian. Oh and it was heartbreaking when they went to the family with carbon monoxide poisoning.

22. AimeeThomp

They're purposely leaving it foggy if Tommy is drinking or not. I think he is. In the past he's only hallucinated when he was drinking, right? Who else would have poured the vodka at Sheila's apt?

23. Mama_Kim

I'm not sure he is drinking but he is definitely still fighting that particular demon. I wonder if he's just starting to have a breakdown as the anniversary of 9/11 gets closer and he's having flashbacks. Maybe he is fighting with himself to not drink but he wants to drink to get rid of the hallucinations. ??? I :wub: Tommy Gavin. :D He's a mess but a loveable mess.

24. kingeomer

Me too. For as much of a mess that Tommy is, it's hard not to root for him. I really would like him to end up with a happy life, holding his new baby with Janet and celebrating Colleen's marriage. I don't know that I'll get that ending but it would be nice.

25. Mama_Kim

Has anyone else watched this week's episode? We just finished watching and OMG!!!!! Next week is the finale and I'm so afraid for what it looks like just happened and next week's preview. Please tell me they didn't!

26. AimeeThomp

I saw it but I need to watch it again. DH doesn't believe me when I told him what I think happened.

27. Mama_Kim

The first thing both Lou and I thought of was the warehouse fire in Worcester, MA that killed Denis Leary's cousin. There were six firefighters killed in that fire. Do you suppose that these six would all be killed as an homage to them? Eerily reminiscent of that whole thing. *sigh* Make sure to have plenty of tissues on hand for the finale. :cry:

28. kingeomer

I was wondering the same thing. I am really just hoping what was shown in the previews was a flashback to 9/11. But then again, Needles and the Chief were saluting a coffin (the preview) and Feinberg wouldn't have been the chief in 2001. DL did the show in response to the Worcester fire and 9/11, so it's very possible. I don't think my heart could handle it if that's the case. :cry: x6

29. Mama_Kim

It could just be a teaser but I am certain Denis Leary wants the show to go out with a bang so who knows? All I know is I will be on the edge of my seat,tissues in hand. :cry:

30. MichelleL

That is the first thing I thought of. I had a hard time watching it and fast forwarded through some of it, because of the Worcester fire. It's still so raw in everyone's minds around here (I'm only a few miles up the road from the site of that fire, and pass it every time I go to work). :cry: I was having HUGE anxiety watching it, imagining how those 6 men felt that night. :cry: I don't doubt I'm going to cry like a baby during this week's episode.

Oh, and another thing...I cannot believe it's coming to and end. I feel like this season JUST started!!

2 people like this.
  31. MichelleL

Only 10 short minutes after I posted the above, 5 firetrucks raced past my house, headed toward Worcester. :unsure: Talk about freaky....

32. Mama_Kim

Oh that is freaky, Michelle! My family will be here tomorrow so not sure I'll get to watch the finale live. Argh. I so want to but it is my family! lol <--- conflicted!

33. kingeomer

Michelle, that is freaky.
    Kim, I would be torn between the finale and family. Maybe think of it this way, "I don't want the show to end and if I watch it tonight, then it's really over...where if you watch later, then it's not over until then." I think I just confused myself :laughing: I'll probably watch the finale tomorrow, I don't know how late I'll be able to stay up tonight.

34. MichelleL

:rofl: Good one Nancy!

I probably won't watch it tonight because I have a hard time staying up that late on the days I work. I will probably watch it when the girls go to bed tomorrow night.

35. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

what was the bagpipe song???