Recommended Outdoor Toys

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by bennysusie, Apr 27, 2009.

1. bennysusie

bennysusie Active Member

I have nothing for my 18 month old girls to play with outside. I don't want to buy million things that they won't end up playing with, can't afford it! What do your kids like?

2. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

The biggest hits at our house are the cozy coupes and the little tykes slide, and the wagon.

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

We have Cozy Couples, a Step 2 Kangaroo Cube slide, a playhouse, a sand box, and a water table and all of those are big hits! If you don't want to spend a lot of money on toys my girls also love bubbles and sidewalk chalk.

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Look on craigslist. We got a little tykes play cube/slide last summer that my girls love. We also have two cozy coupes (also second hand), a wagon, little wheelbarrows, shovels, sidewalk chalk, and a little baby pool with a slide.

5. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

A small plastic slide, sand table/box, water table (having them seperate reduces the mess!), mini trampoline.
    Those were the most popular things with my lot when they were younger, in fact they still enjoy using all of them now (only the slide has gone down in popularity as they are getting too big for it now. Also A & B have a big trampoline now so they don't use the little one as much) so I think they were good value for money.

We also love chalk and bubbles.

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Right now: sidewalk chalk, the kiddie pool, kiddie buckets, shovels, radio flyer wagon, bubbles

7. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

cozy coupes are their favorite!

8. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

These have been a big hit for us: sidewalk chalk, slides, play houses, ride on toys, wade pools, tunnels.

9. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

Cozy Coupes, Step 2 slide cube, ride-on toys, and balls (football, soccer, or big & bouncy) are favorites around here.

10. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

Off to google cozy coupes - should I know what that is? I'm such a bad mom. I seriously hate toy "consumption" and I'm afraid my poor children pay the price. I've been accused of being a bit harsh because I ask our families not to buy toys for the kids. Books, wood toys, something very unique...great, but lots of toys... I just end up donating them or packing them in the garage and bringing them in randomly for a week or two only to take them away. No wonder they empty every kitchen cupboard below 3 feet. As for outside, I guess we'll do a pool, my pops is going to build us a slide and sandbox. Other than that, grass, dogs and sunshine.