rain is disappointing my 6 year old triplets

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by twin_trip_mommy, Apr 27, 2007.

1. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

We decided to sign up the triplets for T ball and they were so excited.
    We went for the first practice a few weeks ago and it was a miserable time. It was raining and very cold.
    Their second practice was cancelled due to rain. Their first game was cancelled due to rain.
    Then YEAH! The sun came out and they had practice on Tuesday. It was a great evening. They loved it and each got a hit.
    Now Friday they are supposed to have a game but the weather forecast is calling for rain so I am sure Friday’s game is going to be cancelled.
    I am hoping that they do not lose total interest in T ball because of all the cancellations.

2. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, Kyle is going to end up having a game tomorrow and never practiced, hasn't even met the other team members. Should be interesting!

Hope you solved the 'triplet' issue with the coach. I have to tell you this thread made me laugh since triplet is used in the title and in the first line of the thread.

3. MommyTo3andCounting

MommyTo3andCounting Well-Known Member

Stupid weather! We actually signed our boys up to play indoors last year so we didn't have that problem. I hope the weather clears up and stay nice for them.

4. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

I just got the call. The game is cancelled.

In my conversation with the coach I asked if we could turn the next practice into a game with one of the other teams practicing on the field next Tuesday and she said that it is a possibility. She said it is something they ended up doing last year because of rain also.

I ended up getting a bat and batting helmit so if we end up seeing a little sun this weekend we may just play a game in our backyard.

I am not looking forward to telling them when they get home from school in about a half hour.

5. heathernd

heathernd Well-Known Member

We have dealt with the same thing here with JCDx2's soccer games. The season is 10 weeks long and we've missed 3 games already.