Quick update!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by SaraSatin, Mar 17, 2011.

1. SaraSatin

SaraSatin Well-Known Member

Ok, I went to the OB yesterday (saw a midwife) and the perinatal office today. So far I have gained 32 pounds and the midwife I saw said that was great! I haven't been eating as well as I should be though so I need to work on that. They did the GBS test and checked my cervix, which was softening but not opening.

At the ultrasound today I found out that the Webster technique massages my chiropractor has been adding in to my treatment are doing something to make more space. However, due to their size there may not be a way for the twins to move to the right position now. They are currently both transverse now with their heads to my right side. Baby A is up to 5lbs 2oz and baby B is up to 4lbs 6oz. I was worried about the size difference but they aren't because they each have a separate placenta and blood flow is good.

Now I just have to keep them in for 2 more weeks so I can surprise them and show up for my 35 week ultrasound. He thinks I might go into labor before then. Guess it's time to pack the hospital bag!

2. liliana

liliana Well-Known Member

at this point we are so done. right?

Mine they are transverse, too but the heads are on my left side!!!!!
    Good luck!

3. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

Good Luck! Hang in there Mama. :youcandoit:

4. TrishaLinn

TrishaLinn Well-Known Member

Sounds like things are going really well! Best of luck in making it to 35 weeks and getting those babies to move head down :)

5. SaraSatin

SaraSatin Well-Known Member

Thanks! Yeah, Liliana, I'm physically ready to be done but mentally I know I have a small to-do list that NEEDS to get done before they are born.

I'm still doing the cat cow thing to try to let them turn, I'll still be going to the chiropractor and have the Webster massages. If they turn they will have to probably both turn, Baby B is blocking Baby A from having space to be vertical so they both need to shift some.

Now if I could just stop having bad luck with car issues, I was so upset about the transmission going out on our just bought used minivan that yesterday I was having a ton of contractions. I'm having more discharge and what looks like it could be bits of my mucous plug but that doesn't worry me, I lost my mucous plug 4 weeks before going into labor with my daughter.

6. liliana

liliana Well-Known Member

i didn't see any changes in my body yet. I wish they born this weekend! Anyway, my first pregnancy I just have contractions when I got in hospital for induction!!!!