Post Your Twins' Bedroom Photos

Discussion in 'General' started by BellaRissa, Jul 22, 2009.

1. BellaRissa

BellaRissa Well-Known Member

I'm proud of my girls' room because I did it all myself, the girls were really happy & it made them feel more at home in the new house. I wish it were bigger - it is only 11x12 & most of the space is taken up by the 2 twin beds. I still need to get them new bed linens & more artwork...but here it is now:

http://s566.photobucket.com/albums/ss110/BellaRissa/BellaRissa2Bedroom/

Please share your rooms so we can all get ideas from one another. I love to look at kids rooms in magazines but never am able to copy them....the items are from NYC boutiques & throw pillows are $900. I need some real inspiration from real people.

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Nice room & beautiful girls!

We recently moved Luke & Lila into their own room (which was our oldest daughter's room before). Here are the pics (it's so hard to decorate a room for a boy & a girl together!) -

View attachment 5851

1 person likes this.
  3. BellaRissa

I LOVE it - those beds are fantastic! The wood floors, the colors....very stylish. I like the names....Bella wants those over their beds.

4. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

Tell me about it!!!!!!!

We just recently did some work on their room and play room. Here are pictures of their room.

Sam and Emily's room

We still have some work to do...I need to get some snap shots to fill the frames (that I decorated with sticky backed foam)and DH, who is quite the artist, is planning on painting some kind of picture to go between the shelves above the dresser. Probably something with a castle and air planes or something.

5. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Nikki, Allison has those same decals of the castles on her walls. Did you get yours off ebay too??? I think ours came with fairies too. I do not have any pics of the girls rooms. Zoes is done wtih Pixars cars and Allisons is right now a mix of castles, fairies, princesses and Hannah Montana. she is in a strange faze LOl.

6. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

I have 2- 10 yr ods and 2- 8 yr olds (girls) in the same room together. My boy (8) has his own room and we are working on doing it over for him.

You can see some pix in My Twinstuff photo gallery

7. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

8. BellaRissa

I didn't use the fairies - I just wanted to use the parts that matched my border. I got mine at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon - I think I paid $22 or so. I had them hanging around for at least a year before I finally used them - I think they are really cute & they have hung tight for almost a year.

9. BellaRissa

Adorable! I love the blue & brown!

10. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Looks like you did a great job dispite the gender differences! The room is gorgeous! Do they every fall out of bed? We are still using bed rails at 4!!!

11. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

All of your rooms are fantastic! I love looking at all the different ideas.

12. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

Nikki,

Your girls are so pretty! Their hair got really long.
    You did an excellent job, on their room!

13. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

What nice rooms! :good: I'll have to take some pics tomorrow.

14. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Such Great Rooms!!

We just re-did our Girls bedroom yesterday. Here are the pics!

15. BellaRissa

I love the bright pink & the butterflies! Your girls are so bloomin' cute! I hope they enjoy their new big girl room.

16. tinalb

We are still using rails too. I have the drop-down kind that can be folded down when I make the bed. Otherwise, yes, they would definitely fall out of bed!!

17. BellaRissa

Thank you - they are pretty special to me. I painted, put of the border, bought the beds from the Pottery Barn outlet & assembled them myself - it was the most important room for me to work on in the house since the girls really didn't want to move. I want to install some shelving,get the matching pink dresser, get new bed linens, etc. but it is a sweet little room with a pink glow - just like my girly girls!

18. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Well, Kevan & Karina's rooms aren't done yet -- we have their furniture, no twin mattresses yet, and their cribs are sitting right on top of their bed frames, LOL. It looks ridiculous, and I can't wait to decorate them. I've been collecting vintage sports stuff for Kevan's room when it goes on sale at Land of Nod, and I have it planned in my head...and Karina will get the classic Pooh stuff and doll clothes quilt that Nadia had in her old room.

Anyhow. Here are some pics of K&K's nursery, which no longer exists --

Nursery1

Nursery2

Nursery3

Nursery4

And, the same room now belongs to Nadia (the pink is a lot brighter than I imagined) --

Nadia's room1

Nadia's room2

Nadia's room3

This is what Nadia's room looked like at age 3, where Karina is now --

Nadia's old room

I feel like Nadia's current room needs something...I'm thinking of stenciling something on the walls, like a saying of some sort...I have to find inspiration (and time!).

I love looking at all the rooms!

19. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Their room is beautiful! Very girly girl. And your girls are just precious!!

I loved looking at all the other rooms too. So well done!!

Here is a picture of the room I did for the girls in April. I just love how it came out. We have some real pretty picture frames in pastel colors (round with a matte that is decorated in pastels with ice cream cones, presents, bows, etc.) on the left hand wall.
    View attachment 5853

20. BellaRissa

I love the colors - very pretty. The shelves above the beds are really cute.

21. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Everyone decorates so nicely! We are currently in the process of redoing all the kids rooms. The twins room is too 'babyish' for them, so we are working on what we want to do with that now. Both Peyton and Jakes rooms are regular guest bedrooms (never really converted over), so we are trying to turn them into kids rooms. I just ordered these for Peyton's room. I'm excited to finally start improving on the kids rooms. I feel like the twins are stuffed in there room, with a Princess decor (so not going over well for almost 9 year olds - especially one who HATES pink). Trying to find a decor that can grow with them.

22. tinalb

I think her room looks beautiful! But if you want to add a saying of some sort, check this site out. I have used their products several times, they are easy to apply & look fantastic on the wall. They look just like you wrote or stenciled it on yourself, but really you just rub it on.

23. momoftwoangels

momoftwoangels Well-Known Member

We too are in the process of re-doing the girls room, we are working on getting things together, I too have one that hates pink to Heaather, lol and the other one loves it, so I think we have it figured out and they will cahnge their mind, so hopefully we will get there soon.

24. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

These are amazing. NICE and clean and tidy too. Should be in a magazine. TOTALLY orignal too!