Post your Favorite YouTube Clips

Discussion in 'General' started by Mama_Kim, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Having just posted a You Tube clip of the Bee Gees and Andy Gibb in the Robin Gibb thread in the Entertainment forum, made me think how fun it would be for people to post their favorite clips from YouTube for others. Please post a brief description of your clip to set it up too!

I'll start. Keeping in theme with my 70's clip, lol, here are the Bee Gees at the height of their Saturday Night Fever fame. *sigh* I wish Barry Gibb still looked like this!! [​IMG] How Deep is Your Love -- the Bee Gees 1977

2. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

This clip totally moved me.

I found it on my SIL's website. She wrote and recorded this song (Fireflies). Well, this person is "signing" the words to his loved one who is deaf or hard of hearing (totally assuming all of this).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlpwz85JviI

3. Mama_Kim

How sweet, juj!

Another inspiring clip is this one of Faith the dog who walks on her hind legs. I've seen her on Oprah. This clip is from Montel. Just so sweet. . . .

Faith

4. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

5. Mama_Kim

Chrissy, that was awesome. I loved Cat Stevens "back in the day"!! Really powerful performance.

Another one we love at our house is the lighting guy who choreographed his light display to Trans Siberian Orchestra's "Wizards in Winter". Enjoy!

6. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

I guess it is probably no big surprise that I love all the Disney ones. I have watched the night shows, the parades and even some rides. I am sure you don't want me to link them all but here is the Wishes fireworks show at Magic Kingdom. I just went to get the link and K&K came running over to sit on my lap to watch, seems I am not that only disney crazed one in our family!

7. Chrissy Nelson

8. Chrissy Nelson

I do love YouTube cause I can pull up old Disney Cartoons for the girls.

9. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

10. Mama_Kim

Kendra, those cats are funny!! [​IMG] Dianne, how cute that K&K love the Disney videos too. [​IMG]

A couple more of my faves:

Steven Tyler and Joe Perry at the Grammy Tribute to Sly Stone. Other artists as well. But when Steven and Joe get to Higher, OMG!! I love when Steven hits the high notes!! And Sly's mohawk is just priceless. What a funky little man. [​IMG] I love how he just walks off the stage and is just done while the music is still going on. Grammy Tribute to Sly Stone

And then there's another former love of mine, KC & the Sunshine Band, circa mid-70s [​IMG] : That's the Way I Like It

Chrissy, some great early footage of David Bowie: Bowie -- Let Me Sleep Beside You

*sigh* And the video for Livin' on the Edge about puts me over the edge. That opening scene of Steven *sigh* and Joe stepping away from the train while playing guitar *drool* : Aerosmith Livin' on the Edge video The "making of" video is pretty cute too (warning: may be one or two bad words, lol): Makin' of Livin' on the Edge video Moist, that's a good word, I love that word [​IMG]

OK, enough!! Can you tell I love YouTube?? [​IMG]

11. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Well, if we are showing youtube stuff of our favourite bands.... arm wrestling with Doc Walker. Its hilarious. Dave is my music boyfriend. Connie will say she is but nope.

Doc at Canda Day Jam We were there and the person who did this video was a couple rows behind us.

Then there is revisiting the 80s

I love White and Nerdy but this is just extra. Video On Trial (Of course I adore Video on Trial [​IMG] I love Debra and Ron [​IMG] Its a great Canadian pop culture show)

12. Mama_Kim

Kendra, my boys will love the White and Nerdy extra!! Thank you!!

And I believe today, she is Deborah Gibson. [​IMG]

Anyone remember the Midnight Special?? Or am I the only old one here? Wait, don't answer that! [​IMG] If only I could go back in time . . . (just for an hour, lol) Aerosmith on Midnight Special 1974
    ETA: fast forward 32 years and here is Train live at the Beacon this past Dec. [​IMG] Train Kept a Rollin' live at the Beacon

13. Chrissy Nelson

14. Mama_Kim

Awww, I don't know, Chrissy. There are lots of really BAD videos out there. How often do you get to see two rock icons like Bowie and Jagger struttin' their stuff? [​IMG]

BTW, I knew you'd love that early Bowie clip!! [​IMG]

15. Ron & Don

Ron & Don Well-Known Member

16. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

OK, for my first movies about the forbidden love between a bunny and a cat. There She Is and it's sequel The Cake Dance, oh what a cat will go through to get his bunny girlfriend a birthday cake!

Dance Magic Dance from Labrynth. Beware - David Bowie is hot - keep the fire extinguisher handy. *whew*

Ewan McGregor loves me. I love him too!

The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats, I love this video it's so strange.

I am about as addicted to YouTube as I am to TS! [​IMG]

17. Mama_Kim

Jenny, those are great!! I love You Tube -- you can find anything (almost)!! [​IMG]

Love the Safety Dance video -- great song too!!

OK, I thought the Go Gos were just so cool. I wanted to be Belinda Carlisle!! [​IMG] We Got the Beat

80's videos were just so fun. I can remember when MTV first went on on air. I was in college and one guy we knew had cable in his apartment. We'd all head to his place and just spend hours mesmerized in front of the tv. So fun!!

Billie Jean by Michael Jackson
    Whip It by Devo
    When Doves Cry by Prince
    Wild, Wild West by the Escape Club

I can't stop. More 80s!! Some of the great hair bands, lol! [​IMG]

Bon Jovi Lay Your Hands On Me (please! [​IMG] )
    Def Leppard Pour Some Sugar on Me (could Rick Savage's bottom be any cuter? [​IMG] )
    Guns N Roses Sweet Child o' Mine
    Whitesnake Here I Go Again

18. Her Royal Jennyness

19. Chrissy Nelson

20. Chrissy Nelson

21. Her Royal Jennyness

22. Mama_Kim

I loved Dana Carvey as Church Lady!! [​IMG] Could it beeeeee, Satan? [​IMG]

And the schweaty balls clip is one of the best ever from SNL!!

23. Mama_Kim

Aerosmith fans are just the coolest. A friend posted a link to this French documentary from 1998. I will only post the link to the first part since I am sure no one else wants to watch all ten of them! [​IMG] But it's too funny to hear the French, every other word is stuff like le toxic twins, les Bad Boys of Boston and les sex, drugs and rock n roll!! It's so cute! The band is interviewed in English with French subtitles. Arte Channel Documentary '98

You can't believe the stuff I have that is Aero-related from YouTube. [​IMG]

Also, I love some of the foreign commercials. This one is funny: You were snoring

And my 70s clip of the day: Andy Gibb [​IMG] [​IMG]

24. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

YouTube is great.
    Jenny those cartoons were just too cute! I was rooting for the rabbit in the first one. [​IMG]
    Love all the big hair, if only it were still fashionable...

Ok so here is one of my favourite clips: 50s manners
    After all, parents are people [​IMG]

25. Mama_Kim

[​IMG] That was great!! [​IMG] Such gems on YouTube!!

26. Her Royal Jennyness

27. Mama_Kim

Thanks, Jenny!! We LOVE Monty Python here. [​IMG]

28. Mama_Kim

29. LeslieLu

LeslieLu Well-Known Member

Yay someone finally brought up SNL! This is my favorite!

30. Mama_Kim

OMG, Leslie, that is hysterical. [​IMG] I've never seen that one!!

31. Chrissy Nelson

I lvoe the Gap girls!!

32. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

33. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

Oh, and I've shared this one before, but I think it's worth sharing again. I think baby laughter is the greatest sound on the planet!

Laughing Quads

34. Mama_Kim

35. Mama_Kim

Any Rescue Me fans? (I love Denis Leary. [​IMG] ) This is a hilarious Special Web Presentation:

Part I
    Part II