post when yours walked

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Holdentwins, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Holdentwins

Holdentwins Well-Known Member

my boys were born at 34 weeks and have pretty much done everything pretty close to on "schedule" devlopmentally. It did take them a little longer to learn to sit unassisted, but i think that was because they didn't (and still don't) like to be still! Anyway, they are superfast crawlers, and they have been pulling up and walking along stuff for several months now, but no one walks alone yet. they are pretty skinny, so i dont know if that plays a factor.. maybe they are just too wobbly still?? we have lot's of walker toys/ride-ons that they push, but no luck walking alone yet... i wanna know how old were yours when they walked and what week they were born at.. thanks!

2. Holdentwins

my boys were born at 34 weeks and have pretty much done everything pretty close to on "schedule" devlopmentally. It did take them a little longer to learn to sit unassisted, but i think that was because they didn't (and still don't) like to be still! Anyway, they are superfast crawlers, and they have been pulling up and walking along stuff for several months now, but no one walks alone yet. they are pretty skinny, so i dont know if that plays a factor.. maybe they are just too wobbly still?? we have lot's of walker toys/ride-ons that they push, but no luck walking alone yet... i wanna know how old were yours when they walked and what week they were born at.. thanks!

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Mine were 38 weekers and my dd walked early in her 13th month and my ds walked later in the 13th month.

4. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

Ours were born at 34w6d and they will be 13m on the 7th they have also been walking along items for a while and walk around with walkers and such aswell.... Over the last week they each have been able to take about 5 steps alone before falling over... They are standing on their own now for min at a time and are now also able to stand up in the middle of the floor with no help.... Ours to have hit milestones on or before the time they are supposed to and i have one heavier baby and one skinnier baby and they are both doing the same things.. I expect anyday now they will take off... heaven help me but I thought months ago when they started walking with their walkers they were going to take off too and I was wrong..... But when I stop to think do I really want to walk...lol

Good Luck!!

5. Giseli

Giseli Well-Known Member

My boys were 37 weeks and walked at 14 mo.They were very early on the talking part!My dd which was first born.She walked at 8half months.Your are right on track!You will be chasing them very soon![​IMG]

6. 2for1

2for1 Well-Known Member

Mine were 32 weekers, and they both walked on the same night at the beginning of 14 months.

7. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

My boys were born at 39w 2d and took a long time to sit unassisted, I think they were 8 months. Evan started to walk at 12 months and Ian just last week. They are both 25lbs as of two weeks ago so I am sure it will not be long.

8. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

DS1 41 wks, 2 days; walked at 3 days shy of 10 mos

DS2 39 wks, 4 days; walked at 12 mos

Girls 37 wks, 1 day; walked at 3 days shy of 10 mos and at 11 mos

9. HBMOMOF2SETS

HBMOMOF2SETS Well-Known Member

My older set, boys, were born at 34 5/7 days and walked at 12 mths and 15 mths.
    My 2nd set, born at 38 weeks, walked at 10 mths and 12 mths.

Christine

10. ads3046

ads3046 Well-Known Member

Mine were born at 35wks. They cruised the furniture starting at 8-9 months and walked unassisted at 10 1/2 months.

Angela

11. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Mine were 34 weekers and they walked at 15 mos. Even though they sat up, pulled up, and crawled MONTHS apart, they started walking at the same time.

12. lettered olive

lettered olive Well-Known Member

Late bloomers here: born at 36 weeks--DS walked at 15.5 months, DD at 17.5 months.

13. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

Born at 37 weeks.

Jessica (baby B) walked at just under 10 months (like fully walking), Jorja (baby A) just after 13 months.

amanda (jorja and jessica 3)

14. frain2005

frain2005 Well-Known Member

Born at 37 weeks...just turned 14 months. DD will walk about 6-8 steps and fall. Then there is DS who took his first steps on Christmas. He walked from one end of the living room to the other, and didn't even fall! Hasn't done it again since. Maybe a step here and a step there. So I guess until they are completely wlaking with out falling all the time, I don't consider them walking yet, so we are still working on it. HTH

15. CathieK

CathieK Well-Known Member

The boys were born at 32 weeks and one walked at 14 months, the other at 16 months (unadjusted age).

16. Tam1969

Tam1969 Well-Known Member

My girls were 31 weekers. Laney walked at 15 1/2 months. Lauren still isn't walking for more than a few steps at a time. She does cruise everywhere including holding onto the walls to get around if she has decided not to crawl that day.

17. michellerdh

michellerdh Well-Known Member

Mine were 37 1/2 weeker and walked at 14 mos....

Michellle

18. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Mine were born at 38 weeks. Bea walked just before 11 months. Ainsley has a gross motor delay, so we're still waiting. Right now (16 months), she is cruising and will walk with a push toy, will turn and take a step to get from one thing to the next.

19. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I think it was 16 mos. and 17 mos..... (or 17 &18?) Braindamage... Have to look it up I guess!

(36.2)

20. Holdentwins

thanks! i feel better now.. everyone has been making me think there is something wrong because all of their "singletons" walked at like 7 months!! I was like.. crap, we were barely sitting by 7 months! [​IMG]
    oh well.. i bet it's going to be real soon!

21. Jennifer P

Jennifer P Well-Known Member

Mine were walking on their birthday and they are 38 weekers.

22. kerilynh

kerilynh Well-Known Member

mine were 32 weekers and Logan started a few days after he turned 11 months and Dakota about 2 weeks later.

Keri

23. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine were 28w6d and Kenna walked at 13mos and Mitchell at 13.5mos.(acutal age 10mos adjusted) They are both tiny so I don't think it has to do with size as much as just the pure wanting to do it.
    My other kids were
    dd1 36 weeks 9 mos walking
    ds1 36 weeks 8 mos walking

I believe my twins both started sitting at 6 mos actual age but couldn't really do it until about 7-8mos actual. I can't remember crawling but must have been somewhere between 8-13 mos right!

24. 3sweetps

3sweetps Well-Known Member

I have heard that the longer they crawl the better for math skills...my friend told me this (she's a Montessori school teacher) when I was complaining that my boys weren't walking yet. (She could have just been making me feel better!!) They are 13 months today. They will get up to a standing position and take a step so I know it'll be soon.
    Older ds walked 2 days before his first b-day.

25. Shanonlee

Shanonlee Well-Known Member

Mine were 33 weekers and walked at 13 months.

26. yvonneinoregon

yvonneinoregon Well-Known Member

Mine were born at 33w1d. Adam walked 13 1/2 months and Alec 14 1/2 months.

Sitting was interesting. I had never even "tried" really to sit them. On their 7 month "anniversary" the photog sat them and they never moved or fell. So, they may have been able to do it earlier-in fact I am sure they could have.

My super fast crawler was my later walker. EI said "why try to walk when you can crawl so much faster?"

YOurs sound totally perfect and right on track.

27. yvonneinoregon

yvonneinoregon Well-Known Member

quote:
    have heard that the longer they crawl the better for math skills...my friend told me this

EI people said something similar. Crawling is a very important milestone, according to some research.

28. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Mine were 40 weekers, baby A walked at 11 months and baby B at 10 months. They were late coming out but did everything early!

29. lucky2

lucky2 Well-Known Member

Born at 37 weeks 5 day

DD walked at 10 months to the day
    DS walked at 10 months 1 week

Life has never been the same!

[​IMG]

30. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Mine were born at 35 w 2 d and Sofia walked at 9.5 months and Ryan at 11 months.

31. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Mine walked at 13 months. THey were 34 weekers, so that's 11.5 months adjusted age.

32. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

My 34 weekers:

Jazz walked at 11 months
    Jessy still not walking{has been tricked into taking steps so we know she can do it she just won't} (only weights about 18 lbs)

33. TwinsItIs

TwinsItIs Well-Known Member

Moshe took his first step on his birthday and started running around at about 13 months.

I don't think there are too many babies who walk at 7 months.

34. kaysyd

kaysyd Well-Known Member

This will probably make you feel better- my girlfriend with triplets (29 weekers)- two of her 3 are walking, one is not- and they are almost 16 months corrected. My girls are walking- they cruise but they would rather- MUCH rather just scoot. They get anywhere they want and fast! SO they have no motivation to walk- but they are cruising and pulling up. Mine were 27 weekers and are receiving PT and OT - secondary to weak hip and buttock muscles. I know how you are feeling as I also went through this as my girlfriends who had singletons- and theirs were walking under 1 year. UGH! I wanted to scream! But I just tell myself- they are each doing different things. But I have to say- I look forward to when we can WALK to places rather than digging out the stroller to just make a quick jog into therapy, etc. HOpe this made you feel better.

35. kaysyd

kaysyd Well-Known Member

OH, and I probably should add their weights since you questioned- my girls are 18 and 19 #. They are teeny.