"POP"

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mh_dance3, Nov 2, 2007.

1. mh_dance3

mh_dance3 Member

I find it quite weird how things happen to my body so quickly. Two days ago I was showing but I could still wear pre pregnancy jeans. It seams like over the last day and a half I have about doubled in size and now I can't even get the buttons on my jeans to touch.

My appetite has been increasing alot and I really dont think its bloating. LOL

I am only sixteen weeks along and I am as big as this girl who came into the gas station I also work at and she is 26 weeks. Either she is really small or I am a beached whale :(

I understand that I have two and she only has one but honestly what is an appropriate weight gain by this time.

I think I have literally "POPPED" Out over night

The last ultrasound I went to was when I was almost 15 weeks and they said each baby wighed about 4 ounces. All the different things I have read like the tickers and different things for Singleton babies say they usually dont reach 4 ounces for about another couple weeks after my 15 week appointment.

Could I just be having big babies or is that a proper weight for their age?

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Isn't it amazing how fast that happens??? I met a pregnant woman at the park and I was about 4 weeks behind her... I think. You could tell that prior to being pregnant she was petite. She was showing so much I wanted to ask her if it was twins! (It was only one.) People carry babies different!
    :hi: Welcome to TS!

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was always much bigger with the twins than I was with my singleton. You will find with twins you will most likely be bigger.

4. Cynthia3200

Cynthia3200 Well-Known Member

Sounds right! I've been consistently measuring 11 weeks ahead.

5. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

Yep. I know I'm much bigger than someone w/ a single at 18 weeks! I will ask next time if they can tell me how much the babies weigh. That would be interesting.

6. allywise225

allywise225 Well-Known Member

You'll be amazed how much you grow from 16 weeks to 20! I seriously just got huge ... in a cute, I'm hiding a basketball under my shirt kind of way.

I'm right around 20 weeks. I had an appointment on Wednesday. They said Baby A was weighing around 11 ounces and Baby B was 12 ounces. I've gained 30 lbs so far <_<

Allison

7. mh_dance3

mh_dance3 Member

Sorry dont mind me I am trying to figure out how to post a ticker

[URL="http://
    %5burl=http://tickers.families.com%5d
    [​IMG][/URL]

8. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Megan08 @ Nov 2 2007, 01:27 PM) [snapback]478233[/snapback]
    I find it quite weird how things happen to my body so quickly. Two days ago I was showing but I could still wear pre pregnancy jeans. It seams like over the last day and a half I have about doubled in size and now I can't even get the buttons on my jeans to touch.

I think I have literally "POPPED" Out over night

I literally had to make an emergency run to the mall this morning for pants… on Halloween night I was wearing my pre preggo jeans and a loose top and I couldn’t even do the rubber band trick on those same (unwashed) jeans this morning… AND my son said last night… ohhh mom, your tummy is growing… so I think I popped yesterday, but this is my second… so I think that happens sooner with the second… and I actually had a sick bout yesterday and since Halloween night only held down a small bowl of French fries and 20 oz of Gatorade (and if you know what I normal held down in the day you would think I was starving)….

9. natasha163

natasha163 Well-Known Member

I posted my 19 wk pic recently, and i think i have half that belly again only 4 days later!!! People that i saw only last weekend saw me last night and were like "holy f#@k", it's pretty funny...i keep saying "i have two in there" but some people just don't grasp the idea of growing two babies inside will probably make you twice as big!!

Like you, i have noticed my appetite has increased with the POP! I have been waiting to pit on some weight...i have only put on like 5kg (is that like 10 pounds?) in almost 20 weeks. I heard that now is a real growing time for babies and bellies!!

10. lilly_&_hunter

lilly_&_hunter Well-Known Member

I grew a lot from 16 to 20 weeks. I swear from a Friday to a Monday my belly grew a ton. Now I've had 2 strangers ask when I'm due.....so I'm obviously showing.

I'm still in my pre-preg jeans - but I don't think that will last much longer.

11. snowmom

snowmom Well-Known Member

I've put on a whopping 36lbs already, and I'm 20 weeks!!!! I was slender before, 164lbs and 6ft, and now I've hit the big 200lbs. I've been maternity wear since week 10, and now I'm growing out of that! I'm a little worried, because I'm supposed to be working until Christmas, and I'm running out of dress pants, and there is no where in my city to shop for maternity wear.

12. blueeyez553

blueeyez553 Well-Known Member

i have grown alot as well in the last 3-4 wks, at my 15 wk u/s mine were 4oz as well and now at my 19wk u/s they were 10oz and 11oz. ive been reading alot as well and that is the normal size for singleton babies. i took it as a compliment because it meant i was taking care of my babies. U will have days where one min u fit into something and later that night try it again and no luck. it happens to me all the time. it sounds like the babies are doing good!!! Ive gained 28lbs so far i started at 194 im 5'9 and now i am 222lbs. i think ur doing juist fine ;)