Please tell me I can buy this..

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Katheros, May 24, 2012.

1. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

My youngest, Josh, was due the end of October and we lived in a cold climate area with the Marine Corps telling us we weren't moving for another year. (HAHAHAHA GOTCHA!! says the Marine Corps) So the car seat that we bought for him is a Graco SnugRide with a really thick, cushy, fuzzy lining. He was born in November, we were figuring on a cold winter and him needing a little extra warmth. Then we move to sunny & HOT Florida. His poor little back is just drenched in sweat anytime I take him out.

Does anyone know if I can buy just the cover cloth part? It's either that or I'm just going to bump him up to a regular car seat, but I like being able to carry him around in the seat... Any good ideas?

2. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't see why you can't. I googled Graco Snugride Car Seat Cover and found some on ebay, plus some by private sellers. Anywhere from $50 to $100+ for them though.

All my kiddo's got to be too chunky to carry in an infant seat for too long so I made the switch to the big seat by 6 months, and just used a stroller or carrier for them ;)

3. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Do you sew or know someone who does? Maybe you could find a pattern and make one yourself?

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Jeez, for that price I might as well just bump him up to the convertible seat. He is pretty chunky and is really heavy to cart around anyway. My husband can sew better than I can so I'll ask him over the weekend. It would definitely be cheaper to sew one!

1 person likes this.