Please someone tell me I am overreacting....

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by helpme, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

thank goodness she is ok!!! you did the right thing!! better safe than sorry!

:hug99: ,
    Heather

2. billandginastwins1

billandginastwins1 Well-Known Member

I am so glad everything worked out for the best for you. It is definitely better to be safe than sorry for your child's sake. Nomatter what your doubts were...I am sure you feel so much better having professional confirmation.

3. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

YAY! What a relief...I'm so happy for you. You handled everything like a champ!

4. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

I am curious, though...will you mention this whole thing to dh?

5. MichelleVDH

MichelleVDH Well-Known Member

Thank God everything is ok! I have been praying for you and your family. Thank you for posting the update!!!!!!

6. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twoin2005 @ Jan 28 2008, 06:05 PM) [snapback]593968[/snapback]
    Never doubt yourself; it is better to be safe than sorry. You handled it perfectly.

My thoughts exactly. I am so happy to hear that there was nothing wrong. :hug99: Thank you for coming back to update us. :hug99: you are a wonderful momma!

7. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I'm glad everything turned out fine.

Don't feel bad about overreacting. Based on your history I'm sure that is an extremely difficult subject for you and you have a fear of something like that happening to your little girl.

8. Inlowtwins

Inlowtwins Well-Known Member

Oh - I was so happy to read your update! What a weight lifted. I was going to tell you that my oldest DD has watched me use tampons before and actually tried to put a play ring in her. I was horrified and it took me forever to find out it was b/c she had seen me insert a tampon. I have made it a point to not let any of my girls see me do that for now.

9. helpme

helpme Member

QUOTE(marieber @ Jan 29 2008, 03:42 PM) [snapback]595495[/snapback]
    I am curious, though...will you mention this whole thing to dh?

I did tell him what happened, I just could not believe in me at all that he would ever hurt her in any way, shape, or form! I actually emailed him and told him what happened and he called as soon as he could and was completely freaked out. I could not get her to the doctor fast enough for him! Now,I told him what happened, but I did not tell him she said he was the one that did it. That would completely break his heart and I couldn't do that to him.

10. BRMommy

BRMommy Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if this has already been suggested. Is it possible that she saw her Daddy's penis and was trying to attach one to herself? My boys are 3 years old and often ask me things like, "Where is mommy's penis?" "Why doesn't mommy have a penis?" When I told them that mommy doesn't have a penis, they tried to pull on theirs to see if it would come off. Maybe your DD was trying to make hers look just like Daddy's?

11. BRMommy

BRMommy Well-Known Member

Oops, sorry, I didn't read your update. I'm glad everything turned out ok.

12. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

QUOTE(BRMommy @ Jan 29 2008, 09:52 PM) [snapback]596278[/snapback]
    I'm sorry if this has already been suggested. Is it possible that she saw her Daddy's penis and was trying to attach one to herself? My boys are 3 years old and often ask me things like, "Where is mommy's penis?" "Why doesn't mommy have a penis?" When I told them that mommy doesn't have a penis, they tried to pull on theirs to see if it would come off. Maybe your DD was trying to make hers look just like Daddy's?

That's a very interesting idea. Makes sense!

13. helpme

helpme Member

QUOTE(BRMommy @ Jan 29 2008, 09:52 PM) [snapback]596278[/snapback]

That is an interesting thought, because she does bathe with her brother (who obviously has a penis, like daddy). She has asked in the past where her penis was?
    Thank you all for all your support. I feel stupid now, but at the time I was completely freaked out! Again, thank you for your thoughts, wishes and prayers!

14. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

QUOTE(helpme @ Jan 29 2008, 10:06 PM) [snapback]596301[/snapback]
    That is an interesting thought, because she does bathe with her brother (who obviously has a penis, like daddy). She has asked in the past where her penis was?
    Thank you all for all your support. I feel stupid now, but at the time I was completely freaked out! Again, thank you for your thoughts, wishes and prayers!

Please don't feel stupid. While I'm very glad to hear it turned out to be nothing, I'm glad you took it seriously. If something was happening you are the only person that was going to help and protect her. You are a great Mommy!!!

15. cmharper

cmharper Well-Known Member

So glad to see that everything turned out fine. You shouldn't feel stupid - you are a momma bear with instinct to protect your cub :). My daughter tends to try and put stuff down there when she has a diaper rash (even if it's a really mild one). I think it gets itchy. The first time I saw her do it I freaked out as well, but then put two and two together after talking with my mother in law who had more experience with this kind of thing after having been around a lot of baby girls :).

16. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So glad to hear she was okay. When I first read your post my first reaction was wondering if she had seen you put a tampon in too. Only bc my dd has seen me do it and has tried to stick one up her as well as anything that looks like a tampon. I have to really watch her. She wants to do anything that her older sis or me does.
    I think its such a sign of a great mom for you to have been os proactive in looking after your dd's best interst and getting her in right away. So many people would have just blown it off and not wanted to deal with it!! Your little girl has a wonderful mommy!

17. LouCee

LouCee Well-Known Member

I just saw this post for the 1st time and am glad all is ok.

My friend's DD did something similar but used her finger on her Mom. In that case, she had peeked in while Mom and Dad were doing the deed and was just duplicating what she saw.