Pets and your twin

Discussion in 'General' started by Twinrific, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(TwinRichard @ Jun 7 2009, 04:49 AM) [snapback]1344275[/snapback]
    No, it means that when I eventually do go I will probably come by aeroplane :p

With banners and fireworks? ;) :p

1 person likes this.
  2. TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi Well-Known Member

That won't be unexpected sine I assume I'd know you are on your way so if you're late you'd still be expected.

I don't always know where I'll be in advance :p

I don't know, what tricks can you do?

I don't know... you were the one that mentioned tricks :p

1 person likes this.
  3. Code

Code Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Twinrific @ Jun 6 2009, 09:17 PM) [snapback]1344239[/snapback]
    I think he is :wub: You're dog also sounds like quite the master of the house. I can think it will be difficult to leave him with your parents.

he is the master! lol he is so cute though, dad wants to get him a friend who is actually his sister (new lot) and call it pebbles. So it will it will be pebbles and bambam :p It will be hard but I'll be able to see him when I come home :)

1 person likes this.
  4. starmaker

starmaker Well-Known Member

You guys are cracking me up :laughing: :laughing:

So to get back to the original post :blbl:

Frances has two rabbits ( Mick and Senna), and has had several rabbits in the past years.
    She got her first one in high school and has had them ever since. We had a family dog for years as well but neither of us are dog people. My younger sister is though.

I just got a cat about 3 months ago. His name is Loki and he is the cutest 1,5 year old cat you'll ever meet.
    I was allergic to cats when I was little and so we never owned cats, but after we(my dad and I) took care of a cat for a few days in the winter we realised I didn't have a bad reaction to it anymore.
    It still took some time before I talked my dad into allowing me to get a cat but finally I got one. Cats have always been my favorite animals, I love how they have their own personality ;)

I am positively a cat person, Frances loves rabbits but adores Loki as well so I can see her owning cats later on as well. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Twinrific

QUOTE(twins2 @ Jun 7 2009, 08:14 PM) [snapback]1344878[/snapback]
    So to get back to the original post :blbl:

:laughing: Thank you. I tried but you know how side tracked the bunch of us can get!

I didn't know about the rabbits, so cute! I know about your cat though. I must admit I miss Blackie (our cat) but she would be lost in the city so she stays on the farm with my parents. My dad has gotten surprisingly attached to her! Before we had her he was not a cat person at all. We even hid her from him for a couple weeks.

I take it you will be taking Loki with you if you move? (btw the pronunciation for her name, is it a short o-sound pronounced with a double k or more an ou-sound and short k? Very unique name, I love it)

1 person likes this.
  6. Code

Code Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Twinrific @ Jun 7 2009, 10:53 PM) [snapback]1345382[/snapback]
    Before we had her he was not a cat person at all. We even hid her from him for a couple weeks.

:lol: hiding her from him thats funny :)
    Dad was the same with little dogs til we got bam.. now his his bestfriend its cute

7. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My dad says hes not a cat person. He tolerated the ones we had but now he has Winchester who he still calls "stupid cat" but he sits out on the porch with him, buys him treats all the time, brushes him twice a day and Win worships the ground he walks on. Its very funny.

1 person likes this.
  8. Twinrific

Code she was a wild cat baby on our farm so we took her in (her mommy died) but were afraid my dad will tell us to give her up. We hid her for quite a while but when he finally found out he just took her to the vet for shots and a check up. The rest is history, he loves her now.

Kendra that sounds so familiar! Dad's can be cute sometimes.

1 person likes this.
  9. starmaker

QUOTE(Twinrific @ Jun 8 2009, 03:53 AM) [snapback]1345382[/snapback]
    I take it you will be taking Loki with you if you move? (btw the pronunciation for her name, is it a short o-sound pronounced with a double k or more an ou-sound and short k? Very unique name, I love it)

Yes I will take him with me. It's pronounced more with the ou sound and the short k.
    I wanted to call him Max first but it just did not fit him at all.
    The name Loki really fits him, plus it's the name a Norse mythology God which I thought was funny. I actually got the idea from stargate SG-1. Anyone remember the episode with young jack o'neill?

My dad says hes not a cat person. He tolerated the ones we had but now he has Winchester who he still calls "stupid cat" but he sits out on the porch with him, buys him treats all the time, brushes him twice a day and Win worships the ground he walks on. Its very funny

Very cute. :)
    My dad is the same way with Loki.
    I recently found my dad fast asleep lying on his back on the couch with Loki curled
    up on his stomach also fast asleep. I still regret not taking a picture of it ;)

1 person likes this.
  10. Twinrific

QUOTE(twins2 @ Jun 8 2009, 10:23 PM) [snapback]1346327[/snapback]
    Yes I will take him with me. It's pronounced more with the ou sound and the short k.
    I wanted to call him Max first but it just did not fit him at all.
    The name Loki really fits him, plus it's the name a Norse mythology God which I thought was funny. I actually got the idea from stargate SG-1. Anyone remember the episode with young jack o'neill?

Why did I think he was a she? oops sorry! I think it's a very cute name.

I LOVED Stargate! I didn't think anyone else really watched it though, lol. I can't think of that episode? There is so many seasons I can't remember everything.

Very cute. :)
    My dad is the same way with Loki.
    I recently found my dad fast asleep lying on his back on the couch with Loki curled
    up on his stomach also fast asleep. I still regret not taking a picture of it ;)

Too sweet, they're all softies really even if they try to convince us otherwise.

1 person likes this.
  11. starmaker

QUOTE(Twinrific @ Jun 8 2009, 08:48 PM) [snapback]1346373[/snapback]
    Why did I think he was a she? oops sorry! I think it's a very cute name.

I LOVED Stargate! I didn't think anyone else really watched it though, lol. I can't think of that episode? There is so many seasons I can't remember everything.

I love Stargate :D It is still my favorite show alongside Stargate Atlantis :D
    The episode is Fragile balance; season 7.
    Where suddenly a teenage Jack appears because the real Jack was kidnapped by the asgard Loki.

Too sweet, they're al
    l softies really even if they try to convince us otherwise.

Yes they are :wub:

1 person likes this.
  12. TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi Well-Known Member

I have vista but it should be the same shouldnt it? going to download it and then when she goes out the evil plan shall be put into action

Codie, we want an update. Did you do it?

1 person likes this.
  13. milki

milki Active Member

When we were kids I was obsessed with cats. I think this was during my sister's "I hate anything you like phase", because she started saying how cats were stupid and dogs were the best.

Now she's a cat person, too. :D Basically we love all animals, but cats the most.

Also, I am crazy about my cat, so she always asks me stuff like "What if Penny (my cat) and I were hanging from a cliff, who would you save?" Do I sense some jealousy???

14. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Save the cat? ;) joking :laughing:

15. milki

milki Active Member

:thanks:

OMG, it was sooo hard avoiding this one. She kept trying to get me to say HER HER HER without a doubt, but I was thinking, "But my kitty is still a baaaaby". Then I said, "I live in Japan and you live in the USA, it's not gonna happen". :unknw:

16. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I am the same with my puppy, he is my baby. My brother doesnt like him though. Although why wouldnt she be hanging off a cliff with the cat anyway, so say the cat ;) just to :stir:

17. milki

milki Active Member

:laughing: Oh yeah! She knows not to go there now...

18. Code

Code Well-Known Member

haha, I am glad I will be at home for another 6months so I dont have to leave my puppy, my mother loves him to much so when I leave I cant take him. funny how pets become so attached

19. Twinnie #1

Twinnie #1 New Member

20. Twinnie #1

Twinnie #1 New Member

One interesting thing about my sister and me -- her pets accept me unconditionally upon first meeting me (except her parrot). She's had several dogs in her life, and every one of them, regardless of how friendly or not friendly they are with outsiders, accept me the minute I walk in the door.

She and I, although identical, are polar opposites in our lives and our views. She's more conservative, married (several times), and has a son. We are both now in our 60s.

But when it comes to animals, I'm a bit over the moon about most pets, but she and I love animals a lot, although she prefers dogs and I have a cat. She lives in Marin (across the Golden Gate Bridge) with a husband and their new dog, Newton. I live in San Francisco, on just the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge with my cat.

She works 20 hours a week and hasn't worked full time in 28 years. I have been work full time since we both left high school.

21. Twinrific

Sorry Twinnie I missed your post somehow. :welcome:

I think all of us twins feel we are different than our twin . Some sets have more similarities with each other than other sets but each twin stays an individual. Gerda and I also have very different hobbies and lifestyles but then on the other side there is also a lot of things we both like and are similar on and enjoy to do together.

As for the pets: Bruto (my dog) absolutely adores Gerda and her dog (Baxter) loves me too but both of them most certainly prefer their owners to their twins. ;)