Personal question?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Tif3, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Tif3

Tif3 Well-Known Member

I have a question. Sorry if its personal. [​IMG] How were your twins conceived? The old fashion way or with some help? Also has anyone been pregnant more than once with twins?

2. traci_roo

traci_roo Well-Known Member

I got pg with IUI and injectibles. These 2 will most likely be my first and last babies. [​IMG]

3. Tif3

Tif3 Well-Known Member

I have a friend that is starting IUI in the spring how long did it take for you?

4. 2BMommyof2

2BMommyof2 Well-Known Member

Ours were conceived naturally (2 months after we got married). I've heard that fraternal twins conceived naturally are supposed to be related to genetics but I've also heard recently scientists are finding that fact to be fictional. Twins do not run in my family. I do think that there is a possiblity that we conceived them too quickly after going off of birth control (causing my body to release 2 eggs) but I guess we'll never know. I still like to think they are a gift from God because he thinks we deserve them.

As for the second part of your question, these are my first children, so no. I do have a co-worker that has 5 children (1 singleton and 2 sets of fraternal twin boys).

5. DarciH

DarciH Well-Known Member

Our B/G twins were conceived via our 3rd IVF try...official due date 7/18 but will of course be earlier, probably mid-June according to our OB. These are our first (and last) little ones. [​IMG]

Darci

6. JNT80

JNT80 Member

Our twins were conceived on our first IVF try...we got REALLY lucky! We only wanted two to begin with so we are done!

7. violetcaille

violetcaille Active Member

We concieved naturally. What a shock!!

8. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

I conceived mine naturally, but I was on depo provera. They haven't posted yet, but their are moms on here that had been preggers w/ twins after having twins. One was "newboygirltwinsmom" who just posted her losses!

9. stbmo4

stbmo4 Well-Known Member

We conceived ours naturally, while breastfeeding an 8 month old! Surprise!

10. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

We conceived spontaneous fraternal twins after just one month of trying. Since we do not have a family history of twins, and I am not of an "advanced maternal age," my OB suspected that it was because I got pregnant after coming right off of birth control pills.

11. R X2

R X2 Member

We conceived naturally... total surprise!
    Have heard Twins are even more rare to occur naturally.
    We have had Twins in our family trees though and
    we are in our late 30's.

Leslie and Jimmie

12. Twin-kle Twin-kle little stars

Twin-kle Twin-kle little stars Well-Known Member

Ours were conceived naturally...still don't know if they are identical or fraternal. We have 2 other girls, but this is our first set of twins. A great surprise! [​IMG]

Juli

13. stbmomof3

stbmomof3 Well-Known Member

We conceived ours doing IUI with injectables. We conceived my son that way as well, so were didn't think we would have twins. I had a better chance of twins with my son - but God had other plans.
    We are done after this! I will probably have my tubs tied at delivery. I know it seems silly since we needed help with both pregnancies, but just my luck!!

14. DenaP

DenaP Well-Known Member

We concieved out B/G twins naturally (due May 1). I am also a twin (B/G) so I thought for sure it would skip a generation.. Atleast that is what everyone would always tell me...

15. mandieolivia

mandieolivia Well-Known Member

totally spontaneous. twins don't run anywhere in my family, so it was a pleasant surprise to find out!!!

16. ExpectingTwins 7-31-07

ExpectingTwins 7-31-07 Well-Known Member

I got pregnant on my 3rd try with IUI and injectables. My first month I used clomid and 1 day of injectables. Second month doubled the dose of clomid and 3 days of injectables. Third month they noticed cyst on my ovaries so I had to take birth control pill for 6 weeks straight to shrink them. Finally on my fourth month of fertility treatment we used all injectables and it worked! We are having B/G twins! I have two boys already, but I didn't use fertility treatment with them. I did have 4 miscarriages. Two miscarriages before each of them were concieved. I went to the fertility doctor because I could not stand to go through another miscarriage. They found out that my progestrone level was low and I have Polycystic Syndrome.

17. Angelmommy

Angelmommy Well-Known Member

We concieved them naturally after i had a d&c, went back on birthcontrol for a year, then went off- 2 weeks later found out we were pg. Doc said its because of getting pg so fast off the BC that i released 2 eggs! We think we got twins to balance the 2 babies we had lost within the year and half before.

18. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

Our b/g twins are natural. My mom had twins (fraternal brothers), and my sister had twins (b/g) and I always knew I would have twins. So much for skipping a generation!

Reyna

19. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

Mine were concieved the old fashioned way [​IMG]

20. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Clomid plus IUI here, due to male factor.

I responded well to the Clomid last time when trying for our daughter, and had three eggs -- but only ended up with one baby.

This time, same thing, three eggs -- and got PG with three, but lost one earlier, so am left with twins...

We're definitely thinking our family is complete after this!

21. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Naturally both times. You can see in my siggy that we lost ID twins to TTTS and now we're expecting mono/di twins again! They 'say' identical twins are not hereditary and that there is about a 1/70,000 chance of having two sets of identical twins. I know a few other women who've had more than one set of identicals, though.

22. Zabeta

Zabeta Well-Known Member

We conceived on our second IUI w/clomid and injectables cycle. Tell your friend to take the warning about multiples SERIOUSLY! We actually conceived triplets - less than 1% odds according to our RE - and then had a very difficult decision to make about what to do next. Think about that in advance.

23. ldsangel19

ldsangel19 Well-Known Member

We got lucky on our second round of Clomid. But my mom is a twin, so that's what I usually tell people when they ask, lol.

24. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

We conceived naturally after trying for just a month. I had been off the pill for 6 months so I don't think that had any impact. We don't have any family history, just random luck.

25. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

I conceived naturally after only a month a trying and they are our first. Twins run in our family but I have ID twins and they aren't genetic.

26. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

Ours were conceived naturally, although we were on a break from IUI/injectables as I had developed a cyst. I don't think the meds had anything to do with it since they are identical rather than fraternal. After finding out we were having twins I learned that twinning runs on both sides of my family.

27. Megos99

Megos99 Well-Known Member

Natural.

We wanted our kids each 4 years apart. We're going to end up with:

Megan.....3-5-99
    Max........2-7-03
    Connor &
    Keira.....3-19-07

How's that for scary fertile? I think we're both getting fixed after these, just for safety's sake. [​IMG]

[edit] No real family history of twins, just lucky.

28. Frederica

Frederica Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Ours were conceived naturally. And we werent trying either i juust kinda went off the depro shot and got preggo. Definitely done expanding this time around [​IMG]

29. cristine

cristine Member

IVF on try number four [​IMG]

30. 2kidsplus2

2kidsplus2 Active Member

au natural here. We finally decided to try for a third, and got a third and a fourth. They are probably identical and no family history. I was a little overwhelmed at first!!!

[​IMG]

--Krista

31. t_a_l_i

t_a_l_i Active Member

Natural here. [​IMG] Ours are identical.

32. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

My boys were concieved the old fashion way. We weren't trying it was kind of an accident. So it was a big surprise!!! I am so greatful it was that easy.

33. al-lee-soooon

al-lee-soooon Well-Known Member

we concieved naturally and they are our first (due in august). i dont know if we'll have more but im keeping my options open. twins run in my family. im 19 and my husband is 20 so people look at us like we're nuts when we tell them its twins. ha

34. Kateyes2022

Kateyes2022 Well-Known Member

I was on clomid for three months and finally got pregnant. We found out at 12 weeks that we were pregnant with twins but the heartbeats were not very strong. My ob informed us that we were probably going to lose them. I went back the next week for a follow up ultrasound and there were no heartbeats. I went to the hospital that night for a D&C. I had one menstrual cycle after the D&C and I got pregnant with my second set of twins. I wasn't taking clomid because my ob told us to wait three months before trying again. So I conceived my first set of twins on clomid and my second set was conceived naturally. My ob said that it's common for women to become pregnant after a miscarriage.

35. amily1974

amily1974 Well-Known Member

conceived naturally, while breastfeeding my 4 month old... we wanted our kids close together in age, but didn't really think we'd ever get this lucky! [​IMG]

Caleb 6/30/04
    Aidan 2/22/06
    [​IMG][​IMG]

c-section scheduled for 3/27