Pelvic pain - OMGosh!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Mommy2PJ, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

Anyone else have really bad (and I mean REALLY BAD!) pelvic pain in your twin pregnancy?? It hurts the most when I lift my leg up to put on pants/shorts or when I'm going up and down stairs... but by mid day, it hurts just to walk - pretty bad! I have a doctor's appointment on Monday so I'll ask about it then. I remember having this with my son when I was about 34 weeks... and right now I'm measuring 33 weeks, so I'm guessing that has something to do with it! [​IMG]

But OMGosh does it hurt!!! It's the same way when I try to roll over in bed, etc. It was just at the end of the day, but today, I even woke up with it. I've been a little more active the last few days with the travelling to and from Tampa, but it's been hurting for about 2 weeks and now is WAY worse!

Anyone else??

2. Mommy2PJ

Anyone else have really bad (and I mean REALLY BAD!) pelvic pain in your twin pregnancy?? It hurts the most when I lift my leg up to put on pants/shorts or when I'm going up and down stairs... but by mid day, it hurts just to walk - pretty bad! I have a doctor's appointment on Monday so I'll ask about it then. I remember having this with my son when I was about 34 weeks... and right now I'm measuring 33 weeks, so I'm guessing that has something to do with it! [​IMG]

But OMGosh does it hurt!!! It's the same way when I try to roll over in bed, etc. It was just at the end of the day, but today, I even woke up with it. I've been a little more active the last few days with the travelling to and from Tampa, but it's been hurting for about 2 weeks and now is WAY worse!

Anyone else??

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I have these stabbing vaginal pains - usually when I have been up and about or when I havn't had enough to drink - they are like a lot of pressure

4. NikkiM7777

NikkiM7777 Active Member

I am starting to get pelvic pain for a different reason.

Baby A is finding her way to the birth canal. On Monday the doctor couldn't even see her head on the ultrasound because my pelvic bone is in the way.

I think tonight she has dropped even more and it hurts to move or stand.

I never had this with my other pregnancy becasue my daughter never dropped like she should have.

The things we do for our children.

Nikki

5. candicane05

candicane05 Well-Known Member

I think I might have the same thing. My pain is in my pelvic bone (towards the left side of my pelvis). Some days, it feels like the bone is going to crack - I think I walk like an 80 year old woman. I find that going up stairs and getting off the couch are the worst. I have been going to a Massage Therapist and she tells me that our bodies release a hormone that actually allows our hips and pelvis to "relax" and spread. The pain I feel is nowhere near "relaxing". One exercise that was suggested to me was to lay on your back with your knees bent, place a rolled up towel between your knees and squeeze. She also suggested Kiegel exercies. I know they are uncomfortable but apparently, they help to strenthen the muscles in that area. Hope that helps.

6. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

Yup, my pelvic pain started at 20 some weeks and I still have it--worse now. My only remedies are remaining vertical a whole 12 hours at night (with the exception of potty breaks) like 11 PM - 11 AM to take pressure off my pelvis...then when I do walk/move around it's eased up a little.

Also, I had a small supply of tylenol with codeine for severe back pain around 24 weeks...those meds also eased the pain but no one wants to take narcotics unnecessarily in pregnancy!

Sending hugs and sympathy! [​IMG]

7. candicane05

candicane05 Well-Known Member

I agree with the pp - the longer I stay in bed, the easier the pain is in the morning. I try to go to bed around 9pm or so and need to get up at 7am to get the others ready for school etc. I find 10 hours is pretty decent - any less and I don't seem to get the relief I need. Good luck.

8. All Boys

All Boys Well-Known Member

I had that pain from about 12 weeks on. I never figured out a cure... but I had to get in and out of my car SOOOOO slowly. And I was asking coworkers to get my things from the printer so I would not have to get up... good luck. My Dr. said it was all the stretching in the region.

9. Eimear

Eimear Well-Known Member

I have it too. It's the pelvic bone separating Dr. said. It's unbearable and just rolling over in bed makes me wimper (poor dh can't stand that I'm in pain). When I stand I take about a minute to get my self together and then I can walk easier.

10. Riversprite

Riversprite Active Member

It's called pubis symphisis disorder and it's not uncommon. I had it badly in my first pregnancy and it was bad in the beginning with the twins, but seems to be getting better now. It is caused by the loosening of the pelvis that takes place during pregnancy and I guess it's just another one of those things that we have to bear. You'll feel it really bad when you roll over, or if you've been sitting for a long time and try to stand up, or when you get dressed in the morning. Avoid lifting one leg seperately from the other as in when you're putting pants on. When you do that try and hold onto something while you lift your leg. If you're still exercising, don't do anything like a scissor action kind of thing with your legs. Sometimes it can get so bad that it actually gets better. In other words, the pubis symphysis seperates enough for it to stop hurting.

11. Mommy2PJ

Thanks for all the info! You ladies are great! [​IMG]

I'll have to try sleeping longer. I actually went to bed really early last night since I was so tired from travelling and I noticed it wasn't as bad this morning - maybe that's why!

Now I'm off to google pubis symphisis disorder! lol

At least I'm well over half way!! If they won't let me go past 34 weeks (that's what Dr. Q told me because of the IUGR) then I only have 12 weeks left! lol

12. ReallyTiredMom

ReallyTiredMom Well-Known Member

Do I ever! I swear, I feel like I'm 100 years old these days! And it doesn't help that I can't really exercise due to restricted physical activity, etc. I remember it starting around 20-21 weeks and it has been painful off and on since. But there are truly days that are better than others. I think it does help tremendously to rest, of course. And there are a few stretch exercises in one of my Twins books - very minimal stretch and movement, almost yoga/pilates type movements that seem to take the edge off a little. Just hang in there -

13. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, yes. It's getting worse the heavier I get. Now it just hurts to stay in one position for long. Of course, it hurts to change position, too LOL.

14. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Yep, I get that too, I also cry out when trying to change position in bed, holy cow does it hurt. My poor honey thinks everytime I let out a moan or something that I'm going into labor so I have to tell him it's just my pelvic area hurting ... it's like when you're uncomfortable in bed and you know you need to roll over you have to prepare yourself for the pain ... it sucks!!!!!!!!!!

15. Laura in Alaska

Laura in Alaska Well-Known Member

Holy Cow YES! I've had it since about 12 weeks and it just keeps getting worse. I moan and wimper all night in bed and not for the reasons my DH would appreciate! [​IMG] And its getting to where it just hurts to walk. The people at work have commented on how my belly must be slowing me down because I waddle so slowly now. But my belly hasn't bothered me at all, its hardly in my way. All of my waddling and slow moving is from the pelvic pain that just won't let up.

Here's hoping it magically disappears after we give birth. [​IMG] Good to know we aren't alone though, isn't it?!

~Laura

16. karyinny

karyinny Member

I had it very bad from about 20 weeks to 30 weeks. I can say that it has gotten a lot better in the last few weeks. That being said, now the pressure of the weight of the babies in the lower abdomen is excruciating. So, if you get rid of the pubic pain, you will probably have a new pain to look forward to :)

17. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

sorry it's so awful. I'm 18 weeks and started having incredible soreness in my pubic bone this week. Saw my OB yesterday adn she said it's just the natural loosening, plus the weight of the two babies pushing down - plus i've been really sick so i'm coughing like heck, which she said was not helping at all!

Hope it goes away, but take care and do things slowly!

18. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

I feel for you! [​IMG] I had bad pelvic pain when I was preggers with my twins. Your pelvis is just beeing streched to the limits.

I don't want to scare you and remember everyone is different I just want to tell you my experience.

I had gotten worse as the pregnancy went along. I could hardly even do baby steps, I had to sleep in a recliner because I could not lay down it hurt too much. I even had to get help in and out of the car. So at my last OB visit when I was 36w 1 day I told him I couldn't take it any more and I may not beable to walk much longer. So 2 days later I was induced. But after I had them I couldn't walk without help. I had to use a walker for over a week and I still had pain on and off till almost August, my sons were born 4/6.

I just want to remind you that this happened to me and everyone's different.

Take care and I hope the pain gets better!