Parent meeting for school evaluation

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Oneplus2more, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

Finally, we have a parent meeting scheduled for tomorrow to start the school evaluation. Anything I should bring with me or know ahead of time?

Also, Rachel has a new (highly professional) Dr, with appointments scheduled in February. Yay!

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wishing you all the best and I am glad she has a new doctor!

I would just say write down any and all concerns you have before the meet with the school.  

Let us know how you make out!

3. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

You don't need to bring anything, but you will come home with a lot of paperwork.  Like Nancy said, I would write down any questions or concerns you have so you don't forget.  Good luck!

4. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yay for meetings! Since we're going through this at the same time as you, our first few visits with the psychologist have gone well. Alice was diagnosed with classic ADHD, we do big tests next week for the rest of the stuff. She has ended up in the pool for the advanced academic school too, so I'm feeling more relieved, that it's not anything we have done or didn't do, it's just she's in the wrong place. Square peg in a round hole.

2 people like this.
  5. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

Yay, so it's done. We've signed the consent to move forward. Looking forward to the final findings. Thanks Ladies!

2 people like this.
  6. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I thought it was interesting that the doctor said that Alice speaks incoherently sometimes and to be honest, I don't see it.  She says things that don't necessarily make sense to non-Kremkaus, but I suppose that since we are around her all of the time we just understand what she's saying.  Like she'll say part of a sentence, then another part of a different sentence, but I know what she's talking about and how the one thought progressed into the other one.

I also caught myself not listening to the doctor, just smiling and nodding, when he was talking to me and I thought at the time, this is probably where Alice gets it from.  :girl_devil:

1 person likes this.