Our first concussion... <UPDATE:> Good news

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by debid, Mar 20, 2007.

1. debid

debid Well-Known Member

I was putting dinner on their trays when I heard the worst thud. I ran and found Trent on the tile floor by the fireplace stumbling and trying to get to his feet and shrieking. He calmed down after what seemed like forever and then vomited. He seemed confused and spacey. I was completely freaking out. I called the pedi and we went through what happened and how he was reacting and she said he should be fine but if he starts vomiting again or seems to regress to highly irritable or confused to get him to the ER. By bedtime, he seemed like himself and he did eventually eat dinner but I'm still so worried. I think I'll have to wake him a couple of times just to be sure he's OK. [​IMG]

2. chattwins

chattwins Well-Known Member

Poor thing! I hope he is okay.

3. team_double.trouble

team_double.trouble Well-Known Member

I hate these moments, you just wish they could tell you where it hurts, i hope he feels better soon.

4. debid

debid Well-Known Member

UPDATE:
    It was a long night for me. I checked on Trent before bed but still couldn't sleep worrying about the little guy. Trevor (who didn't eat much because he was too busy trying to encourage his brother to eat) woke at 1 and 5 to nurse. He was loud enough with his demands to wake Trent so everyone got a little together time and Mommy got her reassurance that Trent was fine. He was a little clingy before breakfast but he ate well and seems like himself now.

5. chattwins

chattwins Well-Known Member

Sorry for the long night, but glad to hear he is okay this morning.

6. tulip1981

tulip1981 Well-Known Member

OMG, this almost made me start to cry - I can't imagine how you feel seeing that happen to your little guy.

I'm glad he's doing better now - did he hit is head on the fireplace or did he fall off something?

7. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I'm so glad he's ok!! That's terrifying!! [​IMG]