Opinion Poll-Baby Names

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by danasacks, Oct 26, 2011.

1. danasacks

danasacks Active Member

Well we are close to having names for our little ones, but I could use some opinions. We are having boy/girl twins, and just can't decide on her name.

Mason and Cara
    or
    Mason and Clara

What do y'all think?

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Personally I like Mason and Cara, but it really only matters what you and your DH perfer. There must be a girls name you are leading more towards?

3. Tamaralynn

Oh and I like Claira better then Clara, I find it prettier. Just a suggestion. :)

4. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Definitely Mason and Clara. It just flows a lot better to me for some reason.

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I like Cara. :)

6. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Cara if you are wanting to avoid a deep south vibe

7. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I like Clara. It doesn't seem deep south to me, I know some New Yorkers with a Clara.

8. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Clara. Flows better with Mason to me. And I definitely don't think "deep south" when I hear it.

9. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I like Mason and Cara better. :good:

10. TwinxesMom

My issue isn't with Clara itself but with it combined with mason. I guess it's just because I live in the south

11. rrodman

What I don't like about Cara is it's not immediately obvious how to pronounce it. Does it rhyme with Clara. Or is it pronounced Car-a? That's a lifetime of correcting people on how to pronounce the name.

12. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I like both Cara and Clara, but I think Rachael has a point about spelling, she will always have to explain people how to spell her name if it's Cara. Either way, congratulations for your twins, and I hope they are healthy.

13. FirstTimeMomma

FirstTimeMomma Well-Known Member

14. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

I like Cara. :)

15. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

def Clara..it's original enough without being weird :)

16. praises1139

praises1139 Well-Known Member

i prefer Clara.

17. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

How do you pronounce it? Is it like the vehicle with an added "uh"? Cuz I like that. It's cute and I like that pronunciation more than "Kare" "uh". LOL.

Either way tho, I definitely do prefer it to Clara.

GL!

18. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That is interesting, I have never heard it pronounced "car-a". I have only heard of "care-a".

19. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I like Cara!

20. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have heard Cara pronounced both ways so I never know which way is right when I read it. I love Clara. I am a fan of the traditional but not too common names.

21. rrodman

I never know how Cara is pronounced because it's definitely both ways around here.

22. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

Clara! I have always had issues knowing which pronunciation to use for Cara. I'm finding that the spelling issue with Jesse's name is annoying too. But I think a pronunciation issue would be an issue for the child their whole life. Jesse can always go by Jess if he wants to avoid the spelling issue.

23. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I love Clara. Mason and Clara.

24. Gordana

Gordana Well-Known Member

I like Cara too. I prefer the name Claire over Clara.

25. danasacks

danasacks Active Member

Thanks everybody! We were toying with Cara (as in Kare-uh) but I think we vetoed it. I think we also decided against Mason too, because we met three families with a Mason this weekend.

How does Milo and Clara sound?

26. rrodman

I love Milo and Clara.

27. Tamaralynn

Very cute

28. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Love them both!

29. TwinxesMom

Does sound less deep south. Clarice is my favorite similar name.

30. Tamaralynn

Going off what TabbiSue posted and her liking Clarice, Claira and Clarissa are also nice with Milo

31. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Love Milo and Clara more!

Clarice will always make me think of Silence of the Lambs.

32. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I like Milo and Clara also :), I like that there's an L in both names. Since you seem to like boys' names starting with M, let me throw my son's name into the suggestion box :), his name is Max :).

33. danasacks

danasacks Active Member

I love the name Max, but it rhymes with our last name. And I am with Mama23boys, Clarice makes me think of Silence of the Lambs too. When Anthony Hopkins says "Hello, Clarice" it is the creepiest thing ever. I think Claira is pretty too. I'll run it by DH. Thanks for all the help ladies!