Opinion of our 2 possible choices for our b/b names

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mholmes07, Aug 31, 2009.

1. mholmes07

mholmes07 Well-Known Member

We have had the hardest time picking names. I never though it would be this hard. Anyway, we have a 13yr old son named Jarid. DH & I always liked the name Jayden. Now that we have to name two boys, weve been having so many mixed emotions & maybe reading into things too much. Do we go with all three "J" name, which DH wants Jayden & Jordan. I like both names & have no problem name the twins with the same letter but dont know if I want all 3 children with"J"'s. I love the name Anthony, which is DH & Jarid's middle name. So we were considering Anthony & Jayden to break things up a bit but then raises the questions will one feel left out, which I think not since he will have his fathers and big brothers middle name.

So, do you like the idea of all "J"'s & do Jayden & Jordan OR Anthony & Jayden.

The other option is to nix Jayden all together and do Anthony and another "A"....

Please take the time to give your help as we so desperately need it!!!

2. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

For some reason I really don't like jayden and Jordan together( they are both really unisex to me which turns me off. Jordan more than Jayden) Maybe Jayden and Jeremiah or Joseph. If there was another J name I really liked I'd use it. I myself would not change letters in the middle of twins. A wise how about Anthony and Alexander or Andrew. By the way I love Jared.

3. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

Honestly, I would pick two names you really love and go with those - I wouldn't start with a certain letter and limit myself to those names.

4. twingma

twingma Well-Known Member

AS PP SAID i AM NOT A FAN OF jAYDEN AND jORDAN AS THEY ARE VERY UNISEX SO I WOULD NIX THE J AND GO WITH 2 A'S IF YOU WANT TO START WITH SAME LETTER
    ADAM
    AUSTIN
    ALEXANDER
    ANDREW
    AIDEN
    ALAN
    ASHER- MY FAV

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I am not a fan of Jayden and Jordan together either. I agree they do sound unisex. If you love Jayden go with that, maybe spell it Jaden or Jaiden, to me the Y makes it more feminine. I like Anthony and Jaden together, I dont think that one would feel left out. I also agree with the PP about limiting yourself to 1 letter.

6. twingma

twingma Well-Known Member

another thought. If you name the one twin ANthony you are giving him a name with family significance ( his father and older brother's middle name). Is there another family member ( your fathers, brothers, grand fathers) or friend you would like to honor and name the other twin after them. That way both boys would have meaningful names. I like this idea better than the same initial idea.

7. luvrkids

luvrkids Well-Known Member

I like Jayden and Jordan. I think they sound really good together. I kinda like names starting with the same letters if their twins but if I loved two different names with different letters I would go that way too! Go with what you & your DH really love:) Good luck!!!!

8. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't like having all the names start with one letter. But that's just me. I think that Jarid and Jayden and Jordan gets a little confusing. I'd do one of the twins as Anthony if that's what you are thinking. It's not a big deal that two of the boys happen to have the same first initial.

9. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I think Jayden/Jaden is one of those names that will be extremely popular for a year or two and then start sounding dated.

That said, if you are sure you want to use it, I would recommend using a name starting with a different letter for the other boy. You are going to mix up your twins' names often enough (I wish I had a nickel for every time I say "Amy -- I mean Sarah!" and vice versa) without making it more likely by starting with the same letter. It will also be easier for other people to tell them apart (and this is a problem even with frats) if they have distinctly different names. Finally, you wind up labeling a lot of things (bottles, clothes, toys, etc.) with one name or the other, and it's nice if you can use the initial rather than the whole name.

And if you had three kids starting with the same letter, even though one is older, you're going to have the same problem times 3. If you do want to use Jayden, I don't see a problem with having two "J" names and one name starting with something else.

Also ditto PP's comment that if you're going to give one boy a name with family significance, you might want to think of something significant for the other boy, because a time will come when they do care about this.

10. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this. But then, I'm big into significant names.

11. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My vote would be for Jayden and Jordan

12. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

I like Anthony & Jayden.

13. Millie&twins

Millie&twins Well-Known Member

How about Aidan/Aiden and Anthony if you want the twins to have same letter starting names? Aiden to me sounds a lot like jayden (minus the j sound in the beginning) and it is clearly masculine.

I know what you mean though, I set up so many rules about names with the twins (no same letter, not matchy, non unisex, start with a vowel, serious names for when they are grown ups but able to shorten them into a cute name for when they are small...) that when my third one came along, had he been a boy I had absolutely no name! And even for a girl a lot of the names I tendentially liked did not meet all the requirements. Other than the fact that we cannot afford another one, we have to be done because there just is no way I would find another name!
    Millie

14. mholmes07

mholmes07 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all you posts. As of now, Anthony is going to be one of their names. I would like either another "A" name if possible, but DH and I can't seem to agree on another name. I like Alex or Andre but he does not. Neither one of us likes Aiden that much. Or another name that ends in a long "E" sound. For example: Jeremy, but we don't like that name. Any other suggestions would be great!

15. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I agree.

Our girls both have A names and so do I. This was NOT our intention and we actually did not name our youngest Amelia for the simple fact that it does begin with an A and I hate it when kid's name "go together" or start with the same letter and stuff like that. We cold not find another name that we liked as much and someone then said to me, "you are not going to name her a name you love because it starts with A?" That made us decide to go with what we loved instead of worrying about what letter the name begins with or any other insignificant thing like that.

I will say that people get our (the girls names) mixed up all the time because they all start with the same letter but I still love their names despite that.