one step forward two steps back

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by kumphort, Aug 22, 2011.

1. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

As of two weeks ago, we were doing great, one of my DD's were fully day toilet trained, they were both taking nice long naps, we had a good routing going.

Now that has all gone to hell

as I posted last week, one of my DD's (not the PT'd) one figured out how to climb out of her crib, for the first few days, it was OK because I took her mattress out of her crib, and she just napped on that, but now she got smart, and figured out there is nothing keeping her from staying there. She also figured out how to climb into her sister's crib, so they have been spending all 2 hours of nap time, playing and doing who knows what.

DD2, really needs her nap still, but cause her sister is in her crib, that's not happening, because of that, she has been having accidents in the afternoon. I am getting frustrated and almost ready to put her back i n daipers:(

They are both crazy from 5 PM and onwards, which makes suppertime, bathtime etc loads of fun.

Today, I thought I could take them out all morning, put them in for a late nap, and they will be too tired to do any playing, we spent the morning at the beach, I was wiped when they got home, they had no interest in even getting to their room for naps, then it got too late to fight with them, DD2 had her accident, all over craziness.

to complicate things, my older kids are home for another 2 weeks before they go back in school, so it's hard to do a schedule revolving around the babies, when the big ones need to get out as well.

this is more of a rant, than looking for any real practical advise
    but thanks for listening

2. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

Just giving you a hug.

I always try to remember everything is a phase!

Hope things return to a semblance of normal soon!

3. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

4. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

Crib tents! Maybe that will help regain some control over the climbing/non-napping issue. ;)