One mobile, one not

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by rayceryin12, Jun 17, 2013.

1. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I have one that is crawling all over the place and is now pulling up to stand. The other is mobile backwards and pulling up sometimes only to his knees. How did you deal with this? I'm not worried about development, but you can tell the less mobile one is getting super frustrated. Any tips? We encourage the crawling already by putting toys out of reach, etc.

Thanks!!

2. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

Does he get to his knees and rock? If not, you can put him in that position occasionally to help build those muscles. Support his legs so the don't spread. Repeat for short periods multiple times a day.

Baby sit ups are good also for core strength. After changing his diaper holds his hands and help him pull into sit. I still do that with both my kids. It's a game sometimes I pull them up and sometimes l let them fall back and try again. They think it is funny.

I had pt come check out ds. He is on track now but At times he was a month behind developmental markers and often 2 or 3 months behind dd. Try look at them independently. Without the comparison, you probably wouldn't be thinking about it. He will get there at his pace but helping him build the muscle to do it will help with the frustration level.

3. rayceryin12

He does rock on his knees. You're right, if it was just him, I wouldn't think twice. Sometimes, he just looks so said when his brother goes crawling by, I just want to help him get there!

4. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

We went through the same Thing. We would put the toys out of Jacksons reach, and help him figure it out, many times on the floor crawling with him. Sometimes we'd take Adalynn (who had been crawling for over a month) to another room while one of us would work with him individually. Jackson would get so frustrated bc his sister was everywhere and he couldn't get there, but eventually he got it and surprised all of us crawling from the lliving room to the kitchen without stopping ... He was a determined little man. He still doesn't crawl with the speed that Adalynn does but he's getting there.

5. daisies

another exercise you can do to help him move along:
    When he is lying on his stomach, put your hand behind his feet so he has something to push against to move forward.

6. rayceryin12

Well, it a moot point now! He started crawling today at the babysitter! Onto 2 mobile babies! Thanks for the tips!! :)

7. daisies

Put on your runnin' shoes. the fun has begun!

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: for a new crawler!
    I went through the same thing with my two. My DD was walking before my DS was crawling. I can remember watching him watching her fly by him like, "WHAT?" My DS would only get around by pulling himself with his arms (the army crawl) and we called EI to evaluate him. By the time EI came out...he was crawling but they still evaluated him and said he was fine with all of his motor skills. But I remember we were worried for a while there.

9. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Yay!!!!! The fun has begun!