One difficulty in room sharing...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MusicalAli, Sep 16, 2007.

1. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

Tonight, Will woke up (maybe from a nightmare?) crying. I went in and comforted him and it took him a while to settle down after I left. DH even went in to him. The crying continued a bit, and then it suddenly got worse, but I ignored it still, knowing he was OK (difficulty with night waking is not unusual for us and they aren't the kind of kids who can be "soothed" to sleep...BTDT). Finally, I decided to go in again and check on him...only to discover is was MATT. Ugh. I felt like a jerk. Will must have woken his brother and then fell asleep and I thought it was Will the whole time. Their cries are similar, but there is a slight difference, I was just too tired to pick up on it. Poor kid.

2. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

aaww...don't feel too bad. I'm lucky and mine have very different cries. But when they were younger I would confuse them all the time.

3. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I find myself having more trouble with this as they are getting older! When they were newborns their cries were totally different. Now, when they are outright wailing I can still tell the difference, but when they're fussing and going "Mommy Mommy Mommy," sometimes I can't tell. It's frustrating!

4. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Don't be too hard on yourself! It was the middle of the night! Mine share a room too and sometimes I don't know which one is crying.