Nursing - The University of Louisiana - Lafayette

Discussion in 'General' started by Kessedi, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Kessedi

Kessedi Well-Known Member

BEWARE!! COST MORE THAN ADVERTISED!!! Online RN to BSN program: is advertised to cost $9500, but it cost at least $10,800!! The online program states you have to complete 30 hours at ULL. Well the online nursing courses only total to 27 hours—therefore FORCING you to take 3 hours of an elective/general course. Here's the catch—when you take the general course—you have to also pay the "student fees" which was $675 this semester—plus the price of the course—I have Thea 161(3hrs) as what I call my forced elective. It now cost me an extra $1300 for the program—now costing $10,800, instead of the $9500 advertised. Also this month, the university sent an email stating the course fees are being raised. So beware of the (hidden) extra costs!!! The program has been good so far, I have nothing negative to say about the program…just the cost.

2. Bestian

Bestian Well-Known Member

Omg, that is so expensive. That is necessary to stay healthy, if you want to save money, lol

3. BillShiphr

BillShiphr Well-Known Member

It's awful that universities attract students with their price and then raise it. I wanted to go to the nursing program, but now I'm glad I didn't. The only reason I wanted to go there is to learn more about health, but it's easy to do with the internet. For example, did you know that CBD oil is beneficial not only for humans but for animals too? Check this page https://nativenewsonline.net/advertise/branded-voices/3-ways-cbd-can-benefit-dog-health, and I'm sure you'll find out many new things.