Nursing Bras

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Katheros, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Recommendations for nursing bras?  I'm in the 36DD-DDD range and I think I need something with a soft cup until my supply stabilizes more.  I have a few now but most are sports bra style that I used while pregnant and needed the support.  Now I need them to not be so snug.

So any favorite brands, etc.   TIA!

2. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I really like the Bravado bras. They are on the more expensive side at $45-50, but that's really not different than my regular bras so I don't mind. And they have several styles to choose from. 
    They are also one of the few brands with extended sizes. Once you get to the DDD or bigger range, it's really difficult to find nursing bras. 

3. Katheros

I've been looking at those, they have high ratings on Amazon too.

4. gina_leigh

They do carry one or two styles at Target, but I've never tried those styles of Bravado. If you go to their website you might find a local bra place that carries them so you can try them.

5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I <3 Hotmilk bras. My local lingerie boutique sells them but it looks like you can order them online.

6. Katheros

And they're on sale!  :D

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0061IRYHM/?tag=mytwins02-20 LOVE the Goddess bra's. I'm HUGE busted and these worked great. Looks like they've changed the style a bit since I used them, they have side boning now like their regular bra's, and the hook/clasp is different than it used to be.

I preferred the nursing bra's that had the support all the way around the breast when you unhooked them, not the ones that just left you "free falling" so to speak. ;)

8. gina_leigh

Oooh! I've never heard of either of those brands before! I'm going to look into both. Being large busted myself, it's hard to find good, supportive bras. 

9. Katheros

Personally, I'm not a fan of that style for whatever reason.  I dunno, just looks funny to me I guess?    But apparently my husband thinks it's sexy!  He's weird.  :laughing:

Thanks for the suggestions though!  I ordered some from Amazon so we'll see what I like and I'll go from there.   Unfortunately there is nowhere local that sells nursing bras to me, any store that has them is at least an hour away.  But Amazon brings them right to my door!  :D

10. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My husband thinks boring nursing bras are sexy, too. Men are weird.

Love Amazon for bras- I'm buying my regular bras on Amazon now as they are about $10 cheaper.

11. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

12. paperclippy

paperclippy Well-Known Member

I wear a very large cup size and the only one I have found that fits well is Anita brand.

13. gina_leigh

Reviving this thread to say that I went to a specialty bra store yesterday and was fitted. I ended up getting an Elomi nursing bra. And let me just the whole experience was eye-opening! For years, I've thought I was a 38DD and when I got pregnant, just assumed I went up to the DDD/E range. (Except when I was engorged from when my milk came in. I knew I went way bigger. But just stuck it out in my Bravado bra made like a sports bra.) Well, after getting fitted and trying on 3 or 4 different styles, I ended up with the Elomi in a 34GG. Holy cow! I couldn't believe how off I was in my sizing or what an incredible difference having a proper fitting bra is. 

Granted, I've only had the Elomi for a day, so I can't form a true opinion just yet, but so far no complaints! 

14. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: Wearing the correct bra size is a life transforming experience. ;)

15. Katheros

I wish this area had somewhere I could go to get fitted.  :(    I did get some Bravado's and a Hot Milk one (Husband likes that one ;)  ) and they all fit me comfortably so I can't complain.