No one told me I'd get stretch marks there!!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by RRTwins, Jan 23, 2007.

1. RRTwins

RRTwins Well-Known Member

Luckily I did not get them on my belly... but I did get them on my boobs! Pretty badly actually. Is this an issue for anyone else? I had never heard of this before getting pregnant. Is there anything I can do to get rid of them? Anyone ever try laser treatments? Am I stuck with a roadmap on my breasts forever??

2. RRTwins

RRTwins Well-Known Member

Luckily I did not get them on my belly... but I did get them on my boobs! Pretty badly actually. Is this an issue for anyone else? I had never heard of this before getting pregnant. Is there anything I can do to get rid of them? Anyone ever try laser treatments? Am I stuck with a roadmap on my breasts forever??

3. Ava&Emma's mom

Ava&Emma's mom Well-Known Member

As a plastic surgery nurse I can tell you there is nothing that gets rid of them effectively once they are there. Sometimes you can try Retin A and it will help slightly but you can't use Retin A if you are breastfeeding. Laser therapy unfortunately does not work. We've tried different machines and nothing really works that well. If they did, I would be the first to sign up!

4. Don2worrybhappy

Don2worrybhappy Well-Known Member

I didn't get them on my belly, either. But, I have them on my hips and boobs. Not too bad, though, and they're already faded. I guess we should count our lucky stars.

5. JuJu55

JuJu55 Well-Known Member

I hear ya sister! Exept I got them everywhere...belly, boobs, thighs, stomach, back...*sigh* [​IMG] If you figure out how to get rid of them let me know! [​IMG]

6. 2peasNApod

2peasNApod Well-Known Member

Mine have faded A BUNCH, I am actually pretty happy!! My friend is a tanning bed addict and she swears you can't see any of her SM when she tans...of course then you've got the whole Stretch Marks...Skin Cancer...Stretch Marks...Skin Cancer...maybe you could try that tan in a bottle stuff!

7. armytwins

armytwins New Member

Yep, this was a nasty surprise for me too! I have very few on my belly, but my boobs have that lovely "roadmap" look. I can say that, it's been a year, and they have faded a good bit, but I don't think they'll ever be the same. Of course, they're also way more saggy than they used to be too. I used to be so proud of my boobs and was able to go braless - no more! The things we give up for these kiddos...Sigh.

Karen