No more shots until 11!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Leighann, May 31, 2011.

1. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

This morning my DH and I took our ladies to their 4 year well child visit (only 2 1/2 months late!). They did so great considering they had to each get three shots. But the best part of the visit was when our doctor told them they don't need anymore shots until they are mommy's height when they are 11 (ha! :D I'm short, I know!). Both are such healthy happy girls! Ana is 90th percentile for height and weight (she didn't inherit my short genes), and Meara is 50th for both (still taller than I was at that age too). Developmentally they are testing way above their age (sorry, little mommy brag), and now that this visit and those three shots are done, they are ready for school in the fall!

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Woohoo!! (What about flu shots? :p)

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Our pedi does the flu mist nasal spray ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: :woo: I bet your girls are excited!

We never had issues with shots and the boys. That was until I took them by.myself. for their 3 year appointment. Oh my goodness did they SCREAM! Good to know I only have one(or two?) more years of shots!

5. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

They say that, but keep adding vaccines to the recommended list. There are more now than even when Sage (13 yo) was 4. And in our county there has been a bit of a Whooping cough epidemic among 10 year olds who had been vaccinated. Turns out the shot doesn't last as long as they thought, so they're doing boosters sooner.

But great that things are going so well for your girls!!!

6. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

Yippee!

Enjoy the no more shots, for the time being!

7. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

:woohoo: I bet the girls LOVED hearing that! Congrats on the healthy report!!

8. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: Brag away mama!! Of course they're smart... they inherited that gene from you. :good:

9. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: That's worth celebrating!