New

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Mrs.Bears, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Mrs.Bears

Mrs.Bears Active Member

I wanted to introduce myself...

My Name is Michelle. In December after 18 months of trying my DH and I were shocked to find out were were expecting. Shocked because 1 month before our doctor informed us the I had PCOS and would have trouble conceiving. My pregnancy was great. On May 20th (at 27 weeks) I called the doctor because I had been having some discharge, I did not realize the danger I was in. The doctor told me maybe I had an infection, and started the exam, she stopped talking closed my legs and explained to me that my water was bulging and I was dilated 3cm. I was shocked and terrified. I had an incompetent cervix. I had an ER c-section the next day. Our Daughter Riley was born at 1LB 12OZ 12 inches...she was in the NICU for 13 days and was doing great, until day 12, the doctors did not know what happened, and they were not able to save her. We ended up finding out later that she developed a whole in her intestines.

After our lost were were crushed but, knew we wanted a child more then ever. We went to and RE and we lucky enough to get pregnant on our first round of injectable. We are now expecting Twins. I am still grieving and am very scared about my IC with twins. I am seeing a high risk OBGYN and an Peri. My first Peri appt is coming up Wednesday, to determine what type of cerclage I should get.

I have been lurking for a few weeks, and really enjoy reading all of your success stories...

Michelle

2. Mrs.Bears

Mrs.Bears Active Member

I wanted to introduce myself...

My Name is Michelle. In December after 18 months of trying my DH and I were shocked to find out were were expecting. Shocked because 1 month before our doctor informed us the I had PCOS and would have trouble conceiving. My pregnancy was great. On May 20th (at 27 weeks) I called the doctor because I had been having some discharge, I did not realize the danger I was in. The doctor told me maybe I had an infection, and started the exam, she stopped talking closed my legs and explained to me that my water was bulging and I was dilated 3cm. I was shocked and terrified. I had an incompetent cervix. I had an ER c-section the next day. Our Daughter Riley was born at 1LB 12OZ 12 inches...she was in the NICU for 13 days and was doing great, until day 12, the doctors did not know what happened, and they were not able to save her. We ended up finding out later that she developed a whole in her intestines.

After our lost were were crushed but, knew we wanted a child more then ever. We went to and RE and we lucky enough to get pregnant on our first round of injectable. We are now expecting Twins. I am still grieving and am very scared about my IC with twins. I am seeing a high risk OBGYN and an Peri. My first Peri appt is coming up Wednesday, to determine what type of cerclage I should get.

I have been lurking for a few weeks, and really enjoy reading all of your success stories...

Michelle

3. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Michelle, I'm soooo sorry to hear about the loss of your little girl! [​IMG] If you feel up to it, come visit our Parental Grief and Life after Loss Forums. The ladies there have all been through losses as well and are a great encouragement.

Congratulations on your twins!! I know how nerve racking it can be to go through a pregnancy after a loss, as that's what I have done and am doing right now.

Welcome!!

4. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

[​IMG](((HUGS))) I'm so sorry for the loss of your little girl.

Congrats on your twin pg and I look forward to your posts. Welcome!! [​IMG]

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]!!!

I am SO sorry for your loss.
    CONGRATULATIONS on your twins!! It sounds like you have good doctors -
    and this is also a GREAT place to get great information on twin
    pregnancies!!

6. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Welcome to TS and congratulations on your twin pregnancy! We are so glad that your joining us! You'll love this site and all the encouragement and support it gives!
    I am sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter! No one should ever have to lose a child. There are many women on this site who have had this aweful tragedy happen to them, so draw on them for strength and encouragement as well. We are ALL here to listen and help in any way that we can! [​IMG]

7. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi, Welcome to TS and Congratulations on your twin pregnancy. I am so sorry about the loss of your daughter [​IMG].

Please feel free to post your due date in the sticky at the top of the page. Also, we have beginner's tips for getting ready for twins. If you add your name to our appointments and milestones threads, we can celebrate with you.

8. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome to Twinstuff.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of you daughter. It sounds like you are getting great care for your IC and please know we have several TS members who have had cerclages and successfully carried healthy babies!

Please let us know how Wednesday goes!

9. Renea

Renea Well-Known Member

Welcome to Twinstuff... Im so sorry to hear about your loss and pray this pregnancy will be long and uncomplicated! [​IMG]

10. Mrs.Bears

Mrs.Bears Active Member

Thank you everyone for you kind words. I look forward to making new freinds and hearing your success stories [​IMG]

11. cbrown39

cbrown39 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss of your little girl. It must have been one of the hardest things you had to go through.

Congrats on your twins. I hope everything goes perfect for you. sounds like your doctors are going to take good care of you and your babies.

12. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your Twins! I'm so sorry about your previous loss. We're glad to have you on the forum and sure you'll find all kinds of support here - I know I have.
    Welcome!