New to this forum - 20 weeks; just found out I am having TWIN girls.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by HeidiSmith, Mar 13, 2009.

1. HeidiSmith

HeidiSmith Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I am new to Twinstuff, and glad I found this sight. On Tuesday (3/10), we had our first ultrasound - 2nd pregnancy. My husband and I already have a 3 year old girl, and this pregnancy was no different than my first. All doctor appointments have been going well, only finding one heartbeat.

However, on our 20 week ultrasound - they found twin girls - both very healthy. It was a shock of a lifetime! Now that the initial shock is wearing off, the panic is setting in. I have been told that they take twins around 37 weeks, so it seems like we don't have much time to prepare.

I kept all my daughter's clothes and supplies, so I have a good start. But, I don't know what is absolutely essential to have two of with twins.

Any advice/recommendations for me - I'm scared!

2. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats on your twin girls, welcome to TS!

It's a great resource from start to finish..

3. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations and :welcome: to twinstuff!! x

4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:wavey: and welcome to Twinstuff!! Congrats on your twins!! :Clap: I'm glad you found Twinstuff, it's a wonderful place! I hope the rest of your pregnancy is a happy and healthy one. As for being scared, that's a normal feeling. :hug: Just take care of yourself and what gets done, does... and what doesn't, can get done later. ;)

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi and welcome to Twinstuff! :welcome: Congrats on your twin girls! :Clap: I look forward to getting to know you better. :)

6. Momof2wonders

Momof2wonders Well-Known Member

[SIZE=12pt]Congratulations on expecting twin girls!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy :D
    [/SIZE]

7. stephi5882

stephi5882 Member

Congrats on the girls!!!
    I'm 22 weeks with twin girls.
    You should check out the expecting due date club sometime, we're all around the same part of our pregnancy as you.
    Congrats again!

8. oh-baby-baby

oh-baby-baby Well-Known Member

Congrats and :welcome:
    I've known about my girls since week 9 and can tell you, it's still all new to me. I think that the best thing is to just get ready for 2 seperate people that happen to be coming at the same time. Good luck!

9. jbritt325

jbritt325 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the twins!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

I know what you mean about the shock! This site is a great source of information and support. I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and I hope your twins do great!

10. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Congrats!! I found out at 19 weeks and had the boys at 33 weeks. It goes pretty quickly, but not so fast that you can't get things done. Since you already have a girl, you're ahead of the game! There is a sticky note in the expecting forum that helps figure out what you need and what you don't. Honestly, I have more duplicate items now that the boys are bigger so they won't fight over them than I did the first year!

11. Angelsamb

Angelsamb Well-Known Member

It took me about 2 weeks to get "excited" and not freaked out about having twins. Being scared, stressed, etc. is very normal. You're soon going to get very excited and wanting to meet them as soon as you can! Congratulations!

12. lewis514

lewis514 Well-Known Member

WELCOME and Congrats!

I definitely recommend the Beginners Tips and Must Haves Sticky. It's very helpful.

I've also seen lots of recommendations to not double up on swings and bouncers until you see if they both like them - sometimes both won't like them.

Good Luck!

13. DebDai

DebDai Well-Known Member

:banana: Congrats! Welcome!! I was in shock from the moment they told me until about 3 days later.

14. mkhvjh

mkhvjh Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! I guess that I'm really happy to know from almost the beginning (week 5) since I was IVF. It's been so exciting & scary at the same time!!! I'm 38 years old. Maybe it helps that I'm a twin!!! Although, I'm an ID. This will be different having one of each!! These are our first & last!!!

It's proving to be expesive buy 2 of things! Many things, we're gonna try one of something unless we need two. I'm also gonna rent my brest pump from the hospital instead of buying one just in case I can't breast feed. Good Luck to you! I'm gonna look into cloth diapers too along with disposibles to help save on cost. I'll be doing laundry anyway!!!

I haven't been on the site for too long, but I've gotten some great advice & some help on things I've never even thought about!!!!!

15. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Welcome to TS and Congratulations on expecting Twin Girls!! :yahoo:

16. HeidiSmith

HeidiSmith Well-Known Member

Thanks everybody for all the support and encouragement. I do think I am beginning to come out of my shock bubble (don't know if I can say the same for my hubby - lol). I know that it will be an incredible journey, and they truly are a miracle!

I am looking forward to talking with all of you more.

17. zndsmom

zndsmom Well-Known Member

Yay twins! How exciting for you, and I'm sure a bit scary too! You have found a great resource here, everyone is so helpful and there is a TON of great information in the forum sticky notes. Welcome! :welcome:

18. zndsmom

zndsmom Well-Known Member

Oh, and one more thing- if you have anyone who can come stay with you for the first few weeks after the twins are born, it will make all the difference. Especially since you already have a little one at home :) GL!

19. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

Congrats on your double blessing & welcome to TS :welcome: It might be a shock.. but I'm sure it'll be the best one of your life! Keep us posted & GL!

20. BabyMoPlusThree

BabyMoPlusThree Well-Known Member

Oh, you are exactly where I was a month ago. We found out at our 19 week u/s about the twins. Up until then, we had no idea. I also have a DD- she is almost 2.

Just expect a lot less energy than your singleton pregnancy. At about 25 weeks, I feel like I did at 36 weeks with DD!

Were the first 20 weeks different for you than last time? I had more nausea and less energy..... I just thought I was having a boy. I was so wrong- haha.

21. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:welcome: to TS. This is an incredibly supportive forum. Congrats on your girls!!

22. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

Welcome and congratulations on your twin girls. I also found out at 19weeks that it was twins so I can understand your shocked feelings!! I totally agree about having someone come and stay at your house if you can, it was a great help to me to have an extra pair of hands around. Congrats again!