(New) Expecting twins 30 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jeanie28, Aug 3, 2007.

1. jeanie28

jeanie28 New Member

Hello I am 28 and going to have twins. I just wanna know how long do you all go till you had your twins I want them to be healty, I am in a lot of pain not on bed rest still and trying to take care of a family Myself and my 3year old Pandora and Kevin my hubby :) does the pain pain ever stop? when will I sleep again? will i ever be able to eat things with out heart burn? yeah right its really bad for me.. Please help Jeanie

2. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

You are not the only one!! I have not had my babies yet but i am thinking withing the next 2 weeks. It really depends on your Dr when you have your babies unless you go into labor. For me i will not be induced until 39 weeks.. I can not imagine going another 4-5 weeks..

3. jeanie28

jeanie28 New Member

Wow There is no way I wanna go any longer I had a dr apt to day and the dr said I could go any time after 34 and they would really stop it i hope its right after that.

So do you know what you are having? I am haveing one girl and one boy. Still not sure what we are nameing them yet..

4. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

I'm 31 weeks...
    Honestly, the irrational side of me really wants to just be done. I'm out of breath, my clothes don't fit, I'm exhausted and I've either got a pulled muscle or they're separating from the abdominal wall. It's all very painful and I'm not really enjoying it. My doctor says she will do anything to prevent labor (if she can) until 36 weeks.

However, the more rational side just says to wait it out. Every day helps! I know it's uncomfortable, but maybe it'll fly by quickly for us!

Good luck! We're having boys and we're very excited! We have two sons already...a 7 year old and a 10 month old. :)

5. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

I am 36wks and do not have a scheduled c-section til 39wks (Aug 28th). Everything hurts here too and has for quite awhile. I found out at 30wks that my OB wouldn't do the c-section til 39. I cried and cried. The whole lot of going 9 more weeks just killed me. I was so hoping for 37 or 38wks. Well here I am at 36wks....3wks to go. I don't think I am going to go into labor on my own either. Everyone seems to think that I will go in the next week or two, but I think these girls are going to hold off.

It is tough but you can do it. My ribs feel like they are going to explode, I feel like an 80yr old woman trying to get in and out of bed. No matter what postion I am in...it hurts. I have a rash on my belly that itches like crazy too. The only place that I am comfy at is in my pool.

Hang in there...you can do it and it will be here before you know it!

April

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to Twinstuff!! Congrats on your twins.

Hang in there as long as you can. The longer they are in there, the better!!! Don't wish them out early!

7. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Hang in there, I know it is miserable. I delivered at 38w2d. At 35 weeks (after bedrest, hyperemesis and other misery) I thought there was no way I could keep going. My abdominal muscles were tearing off my ribs and strenum, never slept, heartburn, vomitting. At 37 weeks it got a bit better, more tolerable and then finally they came. I am so glad they baked as long as they did, no NICU or nursery time, nursing well and sleeping pretty well.
    The pain goes away within minutes of delivery.
    You can do it!!!!

8. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Hang in there. This part of the pregnancy is really hard because the babies are just so darn heavy. Try to rest as much as possible because it will be a good four months after the babies are born before you see a full nights sleep again. I worked up until 32 weeks as a teacher so I was up on my feet several hours a day. I had my babies at 35 weeks and 6 days, probably because I didn't rest properly or drink enough water. Although my babies didn't require NICU time, they had a lot of trouble keeping their body temps up. I know you have heard it a million times, but seriously, keep those babies in as long as possible.