need to vent (long)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kimber074, Nov 25, 2006.

1. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, I just need to vent. Today is my DH's birthday and I had a nice day planned, dinner at a new restaurant in town that is supose to be great and a movie, i could only get a babysitter for the movie portion. Well my husband just informed me that he wants to go to some Sushi place. First off any time I see sushi at the grocery store it makes me nauseous and when my DH eats it in front of me it literally makes me sick. Now he wants me to take him and our 2 year old son (like he will eat Sushi) to this place that serves only sushi. I feel bad because I really don't want to go watch him eat, but at the same time I feel like it is his birthday so I should take him where he wants to go....I just want to cry.

2. kimber074

Sorry guys, I just need to vent. Today is my DH's birthday and I had a nice day planned, dinner at a new restaurant in town that is supose to be great and a movie, i could only get a babysitter for the movie portion. Well my husband just informed me that he wants to go to some Sushi place. First off any time I see sushi at the grocery store it makes me nauseous and when my DH eats it in front of me it literally makes me sick. Now he wants me to take him and our 2 year old son (like he will eat Sushi) to this place that serves only sushi. I feel bad because I really don't want to go watch him eat, but at the same time I feel like it is his birthday so I should take him where he wants to go....I just want to cry.

3. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Aw, I'm sorry! What if you told him about your plan? Would he change his mind? If not, I would try to tough it out. I love sushi, and I think almost all sushi joints serve something other than. You could try udon or ramen for your son - it's like noodle soup and most kids like it. But you could always use the excuse that pregnant women aren't supposed to eat raw anything, much less raw fish. He surely wouldnt want you to go somewhere you can't eat!
    I know it's not the same, plus you're hormonal and probably still in the nauseous stages of pregnancy. But you're right, it is his b-day.
    [​IMG]

4. Marbear

Marbear Well-Known Member

I can't help you with the nausea thing, but definitely tell your DH "or we could go to that new restaurant...I hear it is really good." I'd also have NO SHAME bringing a kid's meal into ANY restaurant (like a happy meal) if I felt there were no kid friendly options. When we eat ethnic foods, they have always had chicken nuggets and fries on the menu for kids. I think they understand how kids are. Call ahead to check if he is dead set on it. Maybe ask him to go to the other place and give him a rain check for when you are not having m/s...two birthday meals for one!

5. kimber074

Thank you for letting me vent. He had actually said sushi after we finalized our plans for the new restaurant. I went ahead with the sushi plan as it is his birthday but as we were getting ready he invited his mom to go with us and she can't stand sushi so he said we should go to the place I suggested all along. So this way I was going along with his desire but ended up being blessed with a meal I could eat. Thank you guys, I know this sounded silly but I am definately hormonal!!!

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

thank goodness that worked out!!!

7. cbrown39

cbrown39 Well-Known Member

I am glad to hear that everything worked out the way you wanted it to.