need indoor party ideas

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by davdig, Oct 11, 2008.

1. davdig

davdig Member

I posted this earlier w/o any response, and realized that I probably should've worded the title differently.

I'm looking for some fun indoor games for almost 4 and almost 2 year olds. All of my boys' birthdays are in the winter, and since we can't rely on the weather permitting us to go outside, I'm looking for age-appropriate games. We prefer parties at home rather than spending so much at places like Peter Piper.

Thank you!

2. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

Our kids are the same age :)
    I would suggest more crafty things rather than real "games."
    If you want, you could try pin the tail in the donkey. My kids love that.
    Another activity that seems really fun is to get a plain cake and let the kids decorate it. You could do it with cupcakes, too and they can decorate their own.
    I've seen lots of little kid parties where that was a big hit.

Good luck!

3. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I would google party games and then put in ages!! You'll get tons of stuff I am willing to bet!

4. Colette+2

Colette+2 Well-Known Member

We love a game called clean up the yard. You put a divided in the center (a blanket held by two parents or an exercise mat on its side or something similar) and then you put a bunch of balls on each side and the kids try to clean up their side by throwing them to the kids on the other side. It's silly, but they love throwing balls over and at each other. By the end of the time the song runs out of the timer dings or however else you are keeping time --the team with the fewest balls on their side wins for cleaning up their yard the best. My kids are too young to care who wins but love throwing stuff at each other. We play this at home even with just the four of us and my husband and I love throwing the balls at each other too and we all usually end up on the floor laughing. I'm sure I have more, but I'll come back to post when they come to mind.

5. Andrea415

Andrea415 Active Member

Version of Simon says (could be Princess says)
    hot potatoe (can make the object something to go with your party theme)

6. somebunniesmom

somebunniesmom Well-Known Member

Balloon volleyball, also kids love to pop balloons with their butts.

cottonball races -- everyone gets a cotton ball and a straw and tries to blow their cotton ball over the finish line first.

Anyone remember "Farmer in the Dell"? The kids form a circle and the farmer gets in the middle. The kids dance in a circle and sing the song. The farmer picks a wife from the circle, the wife picks a child, etc. until the cheese stands alone. I found a link that explains it:
    http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/lyrics/farmer.htm

7. beverly55

beverly55 Member

Hello! There was a birthday party at my kids' house. When I arrived and saw what had become of the house after the party.... My hardwood floor was all dirty. I started scrubbing it but all I ended up doing was scratching it. What to do?

8. piko33

piko33 Member

Oh, I think it's because wood floors need to be cleaned in a special way and then the dust won't accumulate in them. I also have wooden floors in my house and I used to scratch them when cleaning too. I came across an article on how to properly clean a wooden floor, and it is advised to do it more than once a week. Now I have perfect clean floors.