need help with names for identical boys

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by haleystar, May 9, 2009.

1. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

so we have decided on first names, those are a no brainer for us. it's the middle names that got us all tangled up.

DH and i each get one boys full name to pick (since we are having 2) and here are the first names.....River and Alexander.

now, DH wants Alexander Isaac (alexander after alexander the great and isaac after sir isaac newton)

i am heavily thinking on giving River my father's first name which would make it River Howard......

so do these sound weird, will River hate me for having his middle name be Howard?

Alexander Isaac
    River Howard

OR does River Liam sound better?
    i've been tossing this around for awhile but DH hates it.

i don't know. i just want to honor my father somehow. i know my sons won't carry his name but my dad is like my best friend.

HELP!

2. twingma

twingma Well-Known Member

I like River Howard better than River Liam ( doesnt seem to flow). IMO your boys first names are at opposite ends of the spectrum of boys name ( one very classic and traditional, the other very trendy and modern) Personally I would prefer both at one end or the other or two names more towards the middle of the spectrum.

3. mnellson

mnellson Well-Known Member

What is your Dad's middle name?

4. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Mel G @ May 9 2009, 09:25 PM) [snapback]1307284[/snapback]
    What is your Dad's middle name?

even worse.....Wilbur

5. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

Just give River your fathers middle name. He's not gonna care when he grows up. We used my father's middle name for one and I am glad we did. I know it makes him happy. Honestly how many people even know your middle name. River Howard is fine!!! Who knows, Howard might become a cool name again one day.

6. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

I vote for Howard. I think it flows better...and just in case River ever has "issues" of any kind with his name (I'm not saying he will, but I've read your previous threads where you and/or others were concerned about it...) he could go with the more "traditional" name of Howard if need be.

7. Jenn79

Jenn79 Well-Known Member

I like River Howard. It sounds nice and I am one to give my children middle names of family members.

Whatever you choose, I still LOVE the names for both your boys.