My husband is a rock star!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ECUBitzy, Jun 14, 2012.

1. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Paul has been out for the summer since Wednesday (yesterday!) and he's already jumped head first into potty training. So far today, Alexis has used the potty once and Samantha has used it twice. That man is MADE OF GOLD!

So, this is it! Potty training has officially begun!

8 people like this.
  2. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

:woohoo:

Good luck!

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

4. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

What a guy!! Good luck girls, you can do it!!

5. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Go Paul! And yay girls!!

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Good luck!!

7. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Buy him a 12 pack on the way home! :smilie_xmas_116:

1 person likes this.
  8. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That's awesome.

Also: Is Paul available for rent?

2 people like this.
  9. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Woohoo! WTG Paul!!:) And Alexis and Samantha!!!....full house of rock stars there huh!?;)

1 person likes this.
  10. ECUBitzy

We've encountered an obstacle! Where can I find underwear small enough for them? They still have a 12 month waist. Any ideas?

I'm so excited. I knew he was going to keep working at it this summer, but I had no idea he was going to jump in so fast! He's going to run out of projects quickly if this is how he approaches everything!

11. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Apparently Hanna Anderson XS size?

Fruit of the Looms run small, make sure you get them and dry them like 4 times on high heat to shrink them.

12. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: Paul! :yahoo: to your girls! He is definitely a rock star.
    If I remember correctly, I think Gerber makes the thick underwear but that might be 18 months. I agree with Bex, I would buy some and shrink it in the dryer.

1 person likes this.
  13. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

Lovable Friends make cotton training pants that I understand are exactly like Gerber brand. I bought a 3 pack of them for our boys a couple of weeks ago, and liked them so much I bought a 15 pack last week. The daycare workers also commented that they like those the best. They are definitely thicker than regular underwear.

I also don't know what I would do without our Dappi brand vinyl covers. I read a lot of reviews of various vinyl covers and most people didn't like the Gerber brand vinyl covers, said they had changed and were now real rubbery and loud and caused their kids to sweat. I bought Dappi brand covers and have been very pleased with them. I wash them in the washer but only hang dry them, so they will hopefully last longer. The daycare workers also commented about how well they helped retain the pee. Usually when one of the boys has an accident we just have to put on clean undies and a Dappi, but they can wear the same shorts they were wearing because they are dry. So no puddles on the floor and no wet couches!

14. ECUBitzy

I just bought them some 2T at KMart (the only place I could find non-character underwear besides Gymboree) and I'm going to try to shrink them. Paul was okay with putting them back into diapers while we train, but it seems like it could become a crutch. I think he just wasn't willing to go shop for tiny underwear without me.

BTW, anybody else get a little skeeved out by Dora on kids' butts? I mean, a tshirt is one thing, but why was it so hard to find plain panties??

15. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Paul is the Potty Whisperer.

My boys have character undies.. and holiday ones.. and glow in the dark ones... And regular plain white, gray & black ones!!

2 people like this.
  16. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have all kinds here too, I think it's adorable. Plus, it's an incentive for them, you can wear Dora but only if you keep her dry! She doesn't want to be wet!

I think I have Scooby Doo, Bob the Builder, Thomas the Tank Engine, Spider man....and some plain colored tighty whities and boxer briefs for Liam.

I have Dora, various Tinkerbell, some stripes and some flowers for Rylee. I don't think I have anything plain or white for her.

17. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

The common practice in this part of Mexico is for kids potty training to go around naked from the waist down. It completely eliminates the need for tiny underwear...

18. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

This is Awesome!!!

19. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

Yes, this! I will pay top dollar. Maybe he can make extra summer cash by running a potty training boot camp. Otherwise, this is me [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. ECUBitzy

This morning I was still asleep and Paul was in the shower when the girls got out of bed. They took off their diapers and went potty! You should have heard the cheering in our house this morning!

Paul is pretty good, huh? I'd totally pimp him out. ;) He's got this huge to do list he made himself for the summer (landscaping, painting a bedroom, helping the neighbor, potty training, etc). He just gets so driven to finish things. It cute. I just hope he doesn't finish it all before July and end up bored the rest of the summer!

21. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Way to go girls and daddy!