My husband and I are super excited to be expecting Spontaneous Twins. I am about 11 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by CelestialMeans, Nov 24, 2014.

1. CelestialMeans

CelestialMeans New Member

Hello.

My husband and I are super excited to be expecting Spontaneous Twins.  I am about 11 weeks.

I am really glad to have found this site.  I read through a lot of posts prior to joining because I was on a site previously where apparently I said the wrong thing and people were just brutal to me.  I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone.  I was just asking about twin sites and forums.

Anyway, I digress, I am wondering if anyone out there can help me with any magazine subscriptions that they may know of for multiples  or any literature that may be helpful when you are expecting twins.  My family has never experienced twins.  This is a total fluke.  I'm the first.  Everyone is thrilled! 

Any advice would help.

Thank you so much. 

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I can't really say that I found too many books or magazines that very helpful, this site was when I was pregnant though.  However, the one book I did like was called Twinspiration by Cheryl Lage.  I would recommend any book by Ann Douglas on pregnancy in general, I thought her books were helpful too.
    :welcome: to TS and congratulations on your pregnancy!

3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS!!! Congratulations!  :Clap:

4. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations for your twins and welcome to twinstuff, I hope you like it. Is this your first pregnancy or you have older children? This was the only place for twins that I found also and it was and it still is really educational.

Good luck with your pregnancy.

5. CelestialMeans

CelestialMeans New Member

Thank you so much for the lovely replies.

After doing some poking around I can see that the site is very educational and I do plan on staying.

This is my second pregnancy.  I have a 20 year old daughter.  Haha Who actually just made me a Grandmother a few months ago.  My husband and I had tried to get pregnant for a few years but after a miscarriage and my daughter making us grandparents we basically just stopped trying.  

Within 7 days of seeing my daughter give birth to my granddaughter I was pregnant WITH TWINS lol  It was a bit of a shock to say the least.  Completely unplanned but we are thrilled.  The whole family is thrilled!!

1 person likes this.
  6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:welcome:  Congrats on your twins!!

7. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

:welcome:

8. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

9. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

I like the book Mothering Multiples which has a lot of information on breastfeeding twins if you plan to do that.

10. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome! The grandmother thing is awesome!

Here is a magazine, however I'm not certain how good it is. http://twiniversity.com/subscribe/

If you have a local twins group/mother of multiple group, sign up. :). Or just hang out with us. We're good people.