My boys are here!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Moonangel, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Moonangel

Moonangel Member

My babies were born on Monday!

I went into labor about 1am (37 weeks) and jumped right in the tub. My sister is a OBGYN nurse and had come to help out and so we woke her up when we decided that the contractions were getting strong. She checked me and I was 4.5 cm and since we had over an hr drive to get to the hospital that we had picked we decided to go. Man that drive sucked! lol but we got there and a dr i didn't like was on call....boo! He was a real butt head but he went off at 7am and a dr i liked came on! yea! she broke my water at 8am. Labor went on and got harder and around 10:10 I felt like i needed to push so i told my sister. she tried to tell them i was serious but they slowly got the dr and by the time she came in i was pushing even though they told me not too. i didn't have any meds and so that urge was like a hurricane!!! I was kneeling on the bed and so they threw a blanket over me to wheel me to the OR. As we went down the hall a was like "I am pushing!" and bam his head delivered. I held it and the rest of him slid out right there in the hallway. LOL I just held his hand and was like, "I delivered my baby" at that point they stopped the bed and pulled back the blanket and sure enough there he was! He was kicking and fussing and big eyes and so after a quick check my doc was like, ok let's keep going." so we went the rest of the way into the OR. They cut his cord and I had to push again right away so the dr had me push while she guided baby b's head down (not comfy but not too bad) and he was born 5 min after his brother. They put him right on my chest and brought his brother over to me and I got to snuggle them both right away. It was awesome. They were both so awake and super covered in vernix and adorable. They reached out and grabbed each others hands and stared at each other which is my favorite memory of all.

They were both doing so good that they said we could go home the next morning but I opted for the extra day. We are home now and just loving life. I am SOOOO tired but they are awesome little nursers and eat ALL the time!! I am nursing both while I type so forgive the caps problems. I have a ton of help and am so happy.

Their names are Dallin and Kiernan and they were 6lbs and 6oz and 19.5 in exactly! We laughed over how symetrical they were but they are definitely fraternal. Any way that is our birthday update!

Heather

2. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

awesome!!! great story and congratulations!!!!

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Aww! So sweet. :wub: Congrats!!

4. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

That is an amazing birth story!! Congrats! :)

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

What a wonderful story! Be sure to write it down somewhere you will be able to find it so you don't forget/lose parts of it in this hazy time of newborn twins! :wub:

6. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Congrats! What a great story!

7. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congrats on your boys!!

9. fruitofthewomb

fruitofthewomb Active Member

Wonderful birth story! Congratulations!!! : )

10. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

I loved reading your birth story - thank you so much for sharing! It was amazing, your boys will love hearing that I'm sure!

Welcome to the world little ones! Congrats Heather, you done good!

11. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow! WTG Heather! Everybody's right- what a birth story!

12. j-squared

j-squared Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

13. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

What a great story! Congratulations!

14. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! And I'm SO happy for you that you had such an amazing birth!!

15. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Congratulations! What a great birth!