Missed Period!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by sbailey, Mar 31, 2008.

1. sbailey

sbailey Well-Known Member

Okay, so I stopped breastfeeding 6 weeks ago...only BF for 4 weeks...my babies are now 10 weeks old. I still have not gotten my period...yes, we have had LOTS of unproteced sex...well he pulled out, but I guess we could still get pregnant...i feel so stupid. Anyway, when should i have started my period.....? Could I be pregnant....what do I do? I am so scared.

Shannon

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

I would test. Getting that first period after giving birth/breastfeeding, can really be all over the place as far as a time frame. Take a test. Whatever the result, you will be ok! :hug99:

3. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

I would at least take a test, you just never know. I bf my girls for 4 months and didnt get my period for another month so that may be what is happening with you. Like the pp said, it can really be all over the place....

4. jillangel

jillangel Well-Known Member

I would test. I got pregnant when my twins were 10 weeks while on the pill so anything is possible. Then at least you will know one way or another.

5. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

Its possible! I would test!

6. JensBoys

JensBoys Well-Known Member

I would say test as well. Sometimes your period can be out of wack after having a baby - after getting it once mine is now 4 days late, something very unusual for me. I've tested 3 times and they were all BFN.

So test, and if its not a BFP and you really don't want to get pregnant again right now, use protection!

7. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

Don't invite worries before there is anything to worry about. Test! Get it over with!

That said--not having a period does not necessarily mean you are pregnant. You may not have resumed normal ovulation yet. Just take a test, and for goodness sake, woman, get some birth control if you don't wanna get preggers again!!!! ;)

8. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Expecting mommy of twins @ Mar 31 2008, 07:07 PM) [snapback]697765[/snapback]
    yes, we have had LOTS of unproteced sex...

Wow, I'm impressed.

Like the other ladies...no way to know unless you test. Your cycle can be crazy after giving birth. I started af back at 4 months pp but I bf full time until the boys were 8 months. Go figure. Some women don't get af for months after delivery.

Take the test.

9. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

I say take a test but agree that periods are unpredictable after breastfeeding. One more thing...how on EARTH do you find the time, energy, desire to have lots of unprotected sex 10 weeks pp?!!!!! :eek: I'm almost 10 MONTHS pp and having a hard time!

10. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Did you test?

11. laurajrad

laurajrad Well-Known Member

QUOTE(serranoboys @ Apr 1 2008, 10:53 AM) [snapback]698760[/snapback]
    I say take a test but agree that periods are unpredictable after breastfeeding. One more thing...how on EARTH do you find the time, energy, desire to have lots of unprotected sex 10 weeks pp?!!!!! :eek: I'm almost 10 MONTHS pp and having a hard time!

Sex? What's that?

12. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

I have to say that I am not as concerned with you being pregnant (possibly) as I am with you having LOTS of sex................... Or should I say... with me NOT having LOTS of sex..

I have NO desire, no need, no time.. NADA. I think I've had sex 4 times since they were born 6 months ago..

What is with that?

Good luck with the testing and WOW!