Missed period (21days late and counting)

Discussion in 'General' started by JoellePotter, Feb 16, 2015.

1. JoellePotter

JoellePotter Well-Known Member

It's only been FOREVER since I posted anything on here... My boys are now going on 6 (in July).. I had a Mirena IUD put in after they were born, which I had for about 18 months, then had it switched to Paraguard IUD. The Mirenda had me all over the place my emotions and no period at all. So I switched to Paraguard and gave it a chance for over 3 years, but I had horrible cramps for at least 2 weeks out of a month and my period was super heavy for a week each time I got it, but it was always always always regular at 28 days (I tracked it, it never changed). I had the Paraguard taken out Jan 2014 and we decided to either use a condom or PO method because we'd be okay either way really. There's only been a handful of times that a condom or PO method wasn't used (I can count 1 time in Dec & 1 time in Jan that neither was). Even after my paraguard was taken out I continued to stay at exactly 28 days. When the time came for my Dec period to come it was 9 days late and only lasted a day (usually 3 days). So my next period was supposed to come Jan 26th and never did. No signs of it coming either. Both HPT, blood and urine test at Doctors have come up negative. I keep having..... hmm really light "pain" (not really cramping) and light back pain, but normally my period is coming cramps are hard to miss and I'm not having those. I'm 21 days late which I've never been since before I had my boys.. And I'm going nuts. They're finally going to do an ultrasound on the 19th to see if I have cysts, but curious if anyone else has had their period go completely late and change suddenly?!

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have PCOS and my period has changed several times over the past many years.  I started off with every other months and then it went to every 9 months for years.  I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2009 and since I've been regulated on synthroid, it now comes every 6-8 weeks.  Sometimes every 3 months.  I am glad you are seeing your doctor to have it checked out.  Let us know what the doctor says.

3. Bestian

Bestian Well-Known Member

Kvaliteta, učinak, najmanja vjerojatnost pobochek. Radi se o lijeku , pa nemojte misliti, a ako postoje problemi, svakako pokušajte. Već kažem, na temelju vlastitog iskustva