Missed my progesterone shot this week!! UPDATED w/VENT

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Laura in Alaska, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Laura in Alaska

Laura in Alaska Well-Known Member

My weekly shot is usually on Thursdays, but with all the hubbub leading up to Thanksgiving I completely forgot to reschedule it. I thought of it Thursday night (for a minute) and then I "took it easy" almost all day on Friday because my feet & ankles swelled up like balloons and I was feeling generally crappy. So I stayed in bed, did some online shopping with my DD and again, completely spaced my shot. It was too late to go to the doc's office once I thought of it.

I was going to call the on-call doc today and see what they suggest I do. I still have some vaginal progesterone tablets. Maybe I should use them to hold me over. I don't know. But I do know that I feeling more ctx than I do when I've had my shot and its really slowing me down. The ctx have never been "productive" in the past, but we've managed to stay them off for the last 10 weeks or so with the progesterone.

Has anyone else who had to do the weekly injections missed one and how do you get back on track?? I feel like a big screw up now [​IMG] and I don't want these unbelievably wiggly babies to have to pay any price for that!

Thanks for any advice!!~ Laura

2. Laura in Alaska

My weekly shot is usually on Thursdays, but with all the hubbub leading up to Thanksgiving I completely forgot to reschedule it. I thought of it Thursday night (for a minute) and then I "took it easy" almost all day on Friday because my feet & ankles swelled up like balloons and I was feeling generally crappy. So I stayed in bed, did some online shopping with my DD and again, completely spaced my shot. It was too late to go to the doc's office once I thought of it.

I was going to call the on-call doc today and see what they suggest I do. I still have some vaginal progesterone tablets. Maybe I should use them to hold me over. I don't know. But I do know that I feeling more ctx than I do when I've had my shot and its really slowing me down. The ctx have never been "productive" in the past, but we've managed to stay them off for the last 10 weeks or so with the progesterone.

Has anyone else who had to do the weekly injections missed one and how do you get back on track?? I feel like a big screw up now [​IMG] and I don't want these unbelievably wiggly babies to have to pay any price for that!

Thanks for any advice!!~ Laura

3. stephsboys

stephsboys Well-Known Member

Laura,
    I am not sure if you are doing them due to prior PTL, but my dd was doing them for about a month at which point she changed OB's and her new one stopped them altogether. The twins are her first so prior PTL was not an issue she was only getting it due to the twin pregnancy. Her new ob feels there is limited research to prove it's advantage.. In any case she in now almost 36 weeks and ready to go!
    Lindy,
    Mom to Steph and Nana to
    Cameron and Corey c/s scheduled 11/29

4. happymel

happymel Well-Known Member

I forgot my meds one time early on in my pregnancy and worried about it quit a bit. I was on heparin, but later on my ob took me off it so I guess it wasn't all that important afterall. I would call the doctor on call and let him know. If it's real important he can call it in to your pharmacy or order a suppository supplement.
    Melanie ( 20 wks 4 days).

5. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

I would call the oncall dr and ask, it will probably be no big deal but better to be safe and know!

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I had the injections early on in my pregnancy - but dh did them at home - he has no medical training - my doctor taught him how so I wonder if you have to keep having them if you could get a prescription
    and just have your dh give them to you?

7. Laura in Alaska

I'm needing to vent now. I called my RE's office (who prescribed and administers my injections) and there was no answer. Not even an answering service! So, I called my OB's answering service and told them what was up. She said since the on-call doc isn't even associated with my OBs office that this was something I'd probably just have to call back about on Monday. So, I added to my list of complaints that I'd been feeling generally awful (short of breath, palpatating, dizzy, bad circulation in my hands and feet, etc) for days and that I've had a constant pain in my inner thigh that I thought was just a charley horse, but after days it won't go away so I was getting a little concerned about the possiblity of a clot and would like to please talk to the on-call doc to see what i should be on the lookout for. She agrees to page the doc to give him my number and that is that. No, really, that is that. NO ONE EVER CALLED ME BACK! [​IMG]

Oh man! I actually told my husband that if I threw a clot today he had to promise that he'd sue the crap out of those people! Not that I really thought I have a clot, but I could and I sure has heck wouldn't know it...and neither would anyone else!

So, apparently, I'm waiting until Monday morning to talk to my OB and complain about the on-call AND to talk to my RE and complain about the lack of answer service or anything. I'm really not a complainer, but that is just crazy! I shouldn't have to call L&D every time I have a basic prenatal care kind of question after hours or on the weekend. I'm not overly concerned about not getting the shot last week. Sure, I've had a few more ctx that have been a little more intense than usual. And, I'm going to see if my RE can check my cervix just to be on the safe side. But I don't think it will be a big deal at all. I'm just so MAD about the kind of "service" I got this weekend!

Sorry for the vent though! I hope you all had a great turkey day! Best wishes~ Laura

8. Colette P.

Colette P. Well-Known Member

How frustrating!!!! Be sure to let us know what your Dr. says about everything!

Hope you're feeling better soon.